HiFiMAN HE-R10 Planar - Official Thread

I wonder what the extra $4K will bring to the table compared to the, for me, the best closed back in the market - Denon D9200.

It will bring distortion at 3K.

You make me laugh.Guess I’m lucky all headphones fit me. The HE 10 looks like a toy. Also waiting for my Solitaire P to come too my collection.

1 Like

My HE R10 P should be coming in today. The headphones I have on hand to compare to will include Fostex TH900 (Pearl White), MDR Z1R and Stellia.

2 Likes

Curious as to your thoughts. I still need to confirm with HFM that the one I have here is representative. There’s always a chance that it’s not.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Forgot to mention, I have Susvara as well but that will be just for kicks. It’s not fair to compare a closed to an open back after all.

2 Likes

I took delivery last night, however my model may have a driver defect on right ear cup. Strange static noise appears when listening to some of my test tracks (acoustic music). Currently burning in headphones to see if anything changes, sent a note to Hifiman regarding the issue.

This is a unique sounding headphone, however I won’t be able to share sonic impressions until this driver issue is sorted out.

5 Likes

I watched geekology’s review and he was floored by how good the P’s sound.
This review of yours Andrew, seems more humbling. I had my suspicions of the price tag alone. Also, as a closed back do these overtake the LCD XC’s or the STELLIA’s?? My guess is no.
And what is with the blue tooth option? Who the hell is gonna wanna travel the streets with those! Lol.

The best closed-back experience I’ve had so far still belongs to the LCD-XC with a bit of EQ. But the weight is a dealbreaker for many.

2 Likes

I believe you. The LCD XC are freakishly quite good. Even if they were 5 pounds I’d tolerate them. Lol.

Andrew. I really want to hear the STELLIA’s. Due to the big C head Fi meets are just not happening. I almost wanted to outrightly just buy them, but with some self restraint I held off and ended up buying an AC regenerator from PS audio. Owning the XC’s, I felt at this point money was better spent this way. Of course in the end I’m not swearing off the R10 P’s cause I haven’t heard them. I really look forward to testing both the Stellia and R10.
The curiosity for me is insane right now.

3 Likes

You ever get to hear the stellia? That is the next thing I want to hear after reading this thread.

1 Like

Same here. Unfortunately I have not heard them yet, but I am dying to.
I wish I new someone who had them, so I could audition them properly at my home base. :wink:

2 Likes

Order and return! :wink:

—king of returns

Did you figure out what was going on here? If it was defective, I hope you were able to get a replacement or a refund.

Have you gotten your hands on the kennerton rognir yet? Not a lot of info on it obviously but all I see is love

1 Like

I want to hear about the rognir as well. Not a lot of info out there.

1 Like

I feel like the 3 headphones that have most piqued my interest recently thete is just 0 info on at all. That said, they may pique my interest because there is just no info so…

Yeah, the unknown is definitely more interesting than the well reviewed. :wink:

Which three for you?

HP: R10P, rognir, Valkyria
IEM: UM FuSang, acoustic labs legend X, infinity mk2
Source gear: HM1k, N6ii R01, LPGT, Tsuranagi (sp? But current drive portable amp)

The thing is, I kijd of expect most of these to be shit. But they all have just enough in common with some other product I like that I am very currious about all of them. Luckily most of them are things I should be able to try if I put my mind to it. Unfortunately the tsuranagi and valkria are pribabaly just not even posabilities even if I did decide to pony up for yjem

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea what sort of isolation the R10p offers? Is it kinda leaky, in and out?