Hifiman HE6Se V2

I can do them all A>Z :wink:
If there’s interest I can definitely consider maybe doing a few…of course I’d want to do some post processing to feel comfortable getting them into other peoples hands :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I always found it weird (and amazing) that people have the guts to mod their headphones. The thought of simply changing pads seemed foreign to me because I didn’t want to risk damaging them.

Well, no longer I guess. I did some grill rolling for the first time ever (and it’s probably as far as I can get when modding is concerned lol)

I found some aluminum mesh pizza tray, cut them out, and slapped them on lol.

5 Likes

As long as they sound good. :grin:

Only one of my headphones are stock, the Focal Clear MG. When appropriate, why not? It’s all about the sound, imo.

How are you liking them?

3 Likes

much shiny. so impact. big slam. such grill mesh. wow.

(you have a great username)

3 Likes

I like them a lot better than the stock ones. With the stock grills, it felt a bit more congested and it gets a bit too loud for me and I can’t turn up the volume even though I really want to.

With the pizza pan mesh grills + (my ex’s) black stockings combo, there’s more bass and the treble isn’t as piercing anymore, but I still hear all the shimmers. I imagine this mod lies between the stock grills and the honeycomb grills in terms of sound.

Very thanks. much appreciate. wow.

1 Like

I added some of the pad swaps/mods graphs to my new graph tool

https://headphones.audiodiscourse.com/?share=Antdroid%20Target,HE6SE%20V2,HE6SE%20V2%20Grill%20Mod,HE6SE%20V2%20Dekoni%20TH610%20Hybrid,HE6SE%20V2%20Dekoni%20Leather,HE6SE%20V2%20Defean%20Hybrid

7 Likes