Hifiman HE6Se V2

It came with rings? I paid $11 for mine. How many of you got rings with your $6 ebay velour pad order?

Yup, that’s how I got my rings back in the day.

Funnily enough, right now the velour pads are mounted on my home built headphone, where they’re handily outperforming the various Dekoni pads I’ve tried. Comfort is not terrible either :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

i struggled to put it on for like 15 min so im not sure if the mids sound better on velour…but they definitely are less soft and not angled like the og pads. Sound wise they sound similar

All,
Long time lurker and just created an account. First off thank you all for sharing your impressions and measurements on this headphone. Much easier to follow this thread than other forums.

I just placed an order for the HE6SE V2. I currently have the Anandas & Focal Elegia. Pairing them with the RME ADI 2 FS non-pro (v2) and from what I’ve read, the RME can power the HE6SE to decent listening levels but I may go to near max volume to make them sing. If anyone else has paired their HE6SE with the RME non-pro version, please do comment!

I also bought a Singxer SA-1 amp. I’m hoping the SA-1 (using XLR) will be able to power these just fine :). Anyway, based on various reviews, the Anandas are easier to drive and have a more relaxing, wider sound presentation. I am hoping the HE6SE will give me more of that exciting sound! Side note: I do prefer to EQ all my headphones to the Harman curve & these don’t seem far off even without EQ.

7 Likes

black friday sale on these @ adorama new for $550

https://www.adorama.com/hmhe6sev2.html?emailprice=t

2 Likes