HiFiMAN HE6se

Thanks for the measurements and impressions Andrew. I own a modded he6se v2 and like ValentineLuke said, these are a much better proposition at $699 or even $649 with the occasional sales. I definitely hear the lower-mid recession but not so much the upper-mid peak on the v2, which Adorama might be responsible for… You also get a much lamer box on the v2, which is a shame.

2 Likes

I think the V2 measures differently. I’ll hopefully have Ant’s in soon.

5 Likes

Yeah, after the mods it does.

Here’s @antdroid’s measurements from his website:

(AG43 clone)

1 Like

Yeah looks muuuch better.

2 Likes

I SUSpect that you’ll enjoy the HE6SE V2 so much, you’ll SUStain from buying it, because you’ll SUSpect that there is more out there and get something higher. The SUSpense is killing me.

4 Likes

You know I would if I had any money haha.

1 Like

Just betray @TylersEclectic like I did and make the funds available. :slight_smile:

I need to add my grill mod/pads measurements to the new graph tool.

I am a bit surprised why the SE and SE V2 measure differently. The clamp force may play a role here. The pads are the same, but the headband is different.

2 Likes

Same. I’m really enjoying the HE6se, but it’s definitely not the Susvara.

Someday.

2 Likes

If by that you mean sell my VO… That’s tough haha.

1 Like

ok but AReYA thinking of selling?

3 Likes

Whew! It should be really interesting to compare. The headband is noticeably better too on the V2.

Nan-6 anyone?

Just got my He6se from hifiman. Love them! I just recently returned a pair of v2 from Adorama that had the driver issue so I can compare the two pretty well. Hard to compare sound due to the driver issue, but I didn’t hear much difference at all. I actually like the headband on the v1 better as well. They came with what seem like the new Pali/sundara pads so their angle helps with the lack of swivel and the head band didn’t make a hotspot like that on the v2.

1 Like

Maybe/hopefully they took some of the feedback on the one I evaluated haha. That clamp was intense.

1 Like

Honestly that’s what I thought to. I was super afraid after your review and that’s why I went v2 originally, but I didn’t want to take a chance on a second round of the diaphragm roulette with the v2. I have a large head too, but it works great for me!

What pad was on the v1 you tested?

Ran my He6se off a 100W @ 8ohm speaker amp today… back to back with my THX789. Those visceral qualities especially slam and speed really felt distinctively better on the speaker amp.

The older focus pad I think. Like the stiffer/thicker one.

1 Like

Yeah mine I bought new off of Hifiman’s website definitely came with the Pali/Sundara pads… same as the V2 I originally bought (but had a bad driver). I like them a lot, but have a pair of ZMF Suede Ori pads coming to just try something different.

Oh, then they may have moved to new/better pads. Good.

1 Like