iFi Audio - iDSD Diablo Portable Dac/Amp - Official Thread

Man I’m an iFi fan boy i’ve got a Nano BL and the original silver Micro but why on gods earth did you make a iFire service edition, red’s cool on cars not too sure about portable audio products though?

Will there be a Diablo Pro in British Racing Green?

4 Likes

This will be a colorful eye-catcher, combined with my Rebel Amp, on my desk :sunglasses: :laughing:

2 Likes

A minimum situation and a maximum situation. It’s an estimate!

1 Like

We’ll consider the racing green aha. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something that happens eventually thanks to our roots in the UK.

There are reasons why we went with the red outside of the racecar inspiration, but I totally understand where you’re coming from!

3 Likes

I’m just grateful for colors! My desk is starting to look like a funeral.

2 Likes

I would use this more as a desktop solution, But I wouldn’t mind getting the Diablo or Signature treatment to a DAC around the size of the Nano or Hip-DAC. Please make battery life above 12 hours. :grinning:

1 Like

Looking forward to giving the Diablo a try. From the pictures, it looks more compact than the Micro which is a nice touch if that’s the case.

With the power output though, I think instead of plugging in headphones I’ll plug in the Tesla.

2 Likes

Knowing how tech works, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get there in 3 to 4 years. In a perfect world, I’d love that too!

Yep! That’s the case. Diablo owners get first dibs at it :slight_smile:

It looks like vs. the Micro Black that 3d+ and bass boost aren’t on the Diablo, correct?

1 Like

Yes correct! It was designed to be as purist of a product as possible, anything that detracted from that goal was removed to maintain that idea (and for good reason).

5 Likes

Our team made a little graphic to display the differences between the Signature and the Diablo :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@SebastienChiu I’m also interested if you all are doing a tour. got a “few” iFi things I’d like to compare it to :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for your interest mate, noted!

Not to be too needy but could they extend that to the original BL? Original vs. Signature vs. Diablo ?

1 Like

Does the Diablo use an analog volume pot? If so, how is the imbalance at low levels. I havent tried the sig, but my only real issue with my BL is that the chsnnel imbalance below 9 o’clock makes its pretty well unusable for the volume levels I want on IEMs and some easier to run over ears

1 Like

Hi there ~ we recommend using IEMatch or our eco mode for this.

It will solve the answer to what you’re looking for! Thanks.

1 Like

As in a secondary IE-match? I didnt think there was one built into the diablo tbh

Yes, a secondary IEMatch if the built-in Eco mode in the Diablo doesn’t suffice. Having used the Diablo with v sensitive IEMs like the Andromeda with the Diablo, I can confidently say that both uses work great in my experience.

2 Likes

perfect. tyvm for the info