Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro3

The Matrix Mini-i 3/Pro 3 is an all-in-one DAC/Amp that features MQA, Roon Readiness, and a full-color display.

Product highlights

• D/A Chip: ES9038Q2M
  • Clock Source: Crystek CCHD-950 (Mini-i 3 Pro only), SiTime SiT8103 (Mini-i 3 only)

Digital input

• COAXIAL & OPTICAL
  • IIS LVDS
  • USB Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Network
  • WiFi (Pro Only)
  • Airplay 2
  • Roon Ready (as of Feb 2021)

Analog input

• RCA

Line output

• XLR
  • RCA

Headphone output

• TRS 6.35mm SE
  • 4.4mm Balanced

Price is in flux as of early February 2021, with some sites still listing the pro version at $899, and some having raised the price to $1025.

11 Likes

I really like the look of this unit!!! I don’t have a use case but I like it!

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: General MQA Discussion

11 ohm output impedance on the headphone out, if that matters to you.

2 Likes

Some of the headphone amp choices are a little strange. Makes you wonder if it’s a nice dac with a amp section tacked on, or a serious attempt at a all in one.

3 Likes

We talking about the Matrix product or MQA here :stuck_out_tongue: ?

I’ve been eyeing this as a small desk all-in-one for a little bit now. Maybe one day I’ll decide to give it a go.

4 Likes

I use an Element i as a stand alone streamer//DAC/hp amp. Great device, great DAC, good HP amp and a perfectly serviceable app and UI. I love it.

4 Likes

It seems like everyone here has a pretty short attention span today. I asked about headphones in another thread and was advised not to buy a Samsung washer dryer. :rofl:

If you’re looking seriously at the mini-I 3 you might want to pull the trigger as the price seems to be going up about 10%.

3 Likes

I’m going to move the MQA comments to the main MQA thread, since they’re not in the context of the product.

If you want to talk about MQA in the context of this product, you can do so here, but pure MQA discussion belongs in the other thread.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, you’re absolutely right. My apology for the deviation from the main argument. That unit is just awesome to my eyes.

My apologies. It wasn’t meant to disturb the forum. I’m sorry and thank you for the move.

Or you can buy a wash dryer :wink:

3 Likes

Nice, I like the Element line too; the one I have fits my listen workflow really well. Curious to hear how the mini pro sounds next to the Element, as well (does the Pro ESS chip may that much difference :man_shrugging:t5:)

3 Likes

Use Case: You want to use Roon without having to connect to a computer or Pi device to get it working in an all-in-one package small enough to hide from your better half so she doesn’t know you bought more stuff. :joy:

5 Likes

@bigshel99 is a man of wisdom, I see.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

if only I could proofread what I post better haha.

1 Like

This is what I call smart device :wink:

2 Likes

You’re welcome… :+1:t5:

This does look like an interesting little unit though.

1 Like

Can a unit be considered an AIO if it doesn’t have streaming capability? If yes, then AIO plus streamer may be a more appropriate reference here.

1 Like

Upgrade the bathroom system?

4 Likes