Meze Empyrean over-ear Headphones - Official Thread

Empyreans long gone sorry mate! At the time I ran them off a CMA Twelve I think.

If you’re short on funds, the Schiit Jot 2 is a good pairing with the Empy. I’ve used it myself, as have a number of our members. I know it’s not a tube amp, but the Jot 2 will give you a low cost foundation while you’re saving for a suitable tube amp. The Empy is known to be a little fussy about what amp it’s paired with, so I’d recommend demoing an amp if possible, or else choose something where there is already consensus. This thread will give you some ideas but ZMF Pendant, Feliks Euphoria, LTA have been mentioned a few times.

3 Likes

Rinaro Isodynamics, partners to Meze, are located in Lviv, Ukraine:

5 Likes

hi there, I live in san mateo, CA (bay area). Does anyone have a Meze Empyrean I could demo for 10-15 minutes? I just need to try it before committing to buying. Will gladly pay, gift card, buy lunch/dinner. Thank you so much!

Hello Headphones.com folks…my first post here. Hope I’m doing this right.

I just ordered some Meze Empyrean headphones…so psyched for them to arrive.

I like building my own cables. Have done balanced, single-ended, and power cables with good results.

Looking at building my own cables for these headphones as well and I had a question:

I know that each ear “needs” two wires, with a total of 4 attached to the TRS plug (ground and signal for each channel) but it looks like the Meze cables, at least their upgrade cables, have twice as many wires.

Can anyone tell me what that’s about? Are there two wires for each path, i.e. two right ground, two right signal, two left ground, two left signal?

If so, do you think that’s really necessary?

I have a feeling that I’d make some ugly cables if I tried to work with that many wires with braiding, etc.

And Meze sent me an email just showing two wires to each mini XLR for each ear, so clearly 4 wires to each ear isn’t required.

Any thoughts much appreciated!!!

Best,
Ross in Denver

Would be interesting to see measurements for Empyrean with the new angled alcantara pads. I haven’t seen them measured yet but there’s some impressions on other forums.

I second your comfort comments. Just picked a set of Empyreans in Jet Black. The Dan Clark Ether 2 is similarly comfortable and lightweight.

1 Like

Empyrean 2………………….…… :eyes:

New Empyrean who this?

I think most people know that @Resolve and others from this team have been quite critical of the original Empyrean, leading to all sorts of accusations of bias to Headphones.com being a shadowy review cabal that criticizes the headphones they sell so that they can sell headphones? The discourse was polarizing. Is the new Meze Audio Empyrean 2 just as polarizing? Only one way to find out!

8 Likes
3 Likes