Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition - Official Discussion Thread

After burning it in for nearly 100hrs, it sounds as great as the 1st day I got it. The Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition.

Atom - SMSL DA9 - Fyne Audio F301.

Atom - Hifiman Arya V2.

Foobar 2000 - Denafrips Iris DDC - Atom - SMSL DA9 - Fyne Audio F301.

Foobar 2000 - Denafrips Iris DDC - Atom - Hifiman Arya V2.

Headphones experience with Atom HE - Hifiman Arya V2, Hifiman Ananda Stealth Edition, Audeze LCD X. Lush, warm, musical and organic. Too warm for LCD X combo.

6 Likes

Yes! We love our big black boxes!

2 Likes

Very nice looking setup you’ve got there. Sure it sounds great as well. Wish I would’ve listened to this at Canjam…regret not taking the time to try it.

One of the cool things I like about this is the rear XLR headphone out. At first I thought, “well that’s dumb” but I think it would actually be nice to not have any cables coming out of the front…nice and clean look.

2 Likes

Thanks dude…yup absolutely a baller All-in-one. Love it very much…just by looking at it is very mesmerizing too…hehe.

I would like to use the XLR…but my cable abit too short for now… However don’t think it goes well for my setup as I need to keep it in a dry box when not in use. So the front is convenient for me.

Bottom of my table.

2 Likes

I just added one of these for the bedroom system. Very capable one box solution….Wireless performance is very good.

4 Likes

Been 8 months already for me…still as exciting to use it.

Just received my new Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition. I was a little wary after seeing so many on here who purchased it and subsequently sold theirs.

I first tried it with a WiFi connection, and was quite displeased. The sound quality over WiFi was unacceptable in my opinion, veiled and muddy.

Then I used a wired Ethernet connection, and the veil lifted. Have been listening to a dCS Bartok for the past two years: the Uniti HE is not in the same league, but is quite good for the value. I am very satisfied, Primarily listen to classical and jazz on Qobuz and Tidal, and it does a great job with them. I use a 256 GB memory stick for my ripped CDs and some purchased DFS files, which work great.

I wanted a compact all-in-one unit with good sound from streaming audio, and great design. That’s exactly what I got. Very pleased.

Headphones are Focal Utopia OG with Transparent Ultra XLR Cable.

6 Likes

Now with my Dynaudio Emit 10 and HE1000 Stealth…is another league too… totally love how it can easily pair so well almost everything I tried with it.

I guess it is very musical unit. I have different experience though with the WiFi vs Ethernet. But no right or wrong … every individual have different taste. :+1:t2:

Cheers to our finding.

2 Likes

My WiFi is a Mesh system. Perhaps that is my problem.

1 Like

Network: Ethernet (10/100Mbps) :roll_eyes:
100Mbps aka 10MB/s in 2023.

Why didn’t they update the network card when they released the headphone edition?

1 Like

Likely because whatever SoC/board it’s based on, and is already in use in other products, has 10/100 as standard and 10MB/s is far more than is needed for the audio formats it supports.

As long as its connected to a switch, it won’t affect the performance of any other Ethernet device on the network.

3 Likes

Have had the Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition (NUAHE) for two weeks now, and I am more impressed as it breaks in. The biggest change came from:

1. Changing from WiFi to Wired Ethernet (it didn’t like my Orbi Mesh WiFi)
  2. Using a MacBook Air as a Roon Core (NUAHE is Roon Ready)
  3. Driving my Focal Utopia OG, with Transparent Ultra cable XLR
  4. Applying the Parametric Equalization capability of Roon with settings from Git Hub
  5. Applying the Jan Meier Crossfeed settings available within Roon DSP.

I also have a dCS Bartok, and this NUAHE is a “mini-Bartok” to my ears when set up properly as above. The more I listen, the better I like (Classical and Jazz mainly).

2 Likes