New year, new audio gear!

I would like to add another IEM into the mix; the Adv-Sound Furai that I am currently reviewing have peaked my interest alot for those over 500usd IEM . I would also like to add a closed-back that isn’t a Fostex mod (lol).

3 Likes

I will be taking my first foray into high end headphones with a Verite C incoming. I would also like to test several tube amps and settle on one. And if budget permits, upgrade my Topping D50 to an ADI-2 DAC fs.

4 Likes

I’ll try and attend CanJam SoCal 2020 this year as well…

New audio gear… hmmm…unsure at this point… but I think I’ll do a purge of unused gear soon, and get down to my primary use gear like @antdroid I already started the process a couple months back and moved along smaller amps etc… ugh, the dreaded online used market…lol.

@resolve I have the loaner pendant from ZMF right now… I’ll email him about sending it your way next (I have zero pull there though lol). I would offer up my ZMF Verite Closed also, but it is a non-standard wood, and of course a unique purple lol. But if interested we could figure something out… maybe make a trip of it!

4 Likes

Yeah definitely! That’d be cool!

2 Likes

New: maybe the Verite Closed and if a good pair of ANC headphones come out that upgrade from what I have. I may get an SMSL M500 for my “other” setup though I may wait and see with the VMV D2 is all about first.

Retiring: probably a couple Audezes I have that I don’t use much anymore (LCD-2C, iSine 10) and a few other cans I have around that I don’t use at all.

3 Likes

Nice!!! I feel like I have seen a trend of the LCD headphones as one of the most retired headphone manufacturers. Maybe I am imagining that.

2 Likes

In my case, I’ve got quite a few LCD, so just reducing the ones I don’t use. :smiley: But there’s a lot of competition in the space they’re in.

1 Like

Style = 10/10
Quality = 10/10
Sound = 8/10 or better
Ergonomics = 2/10

6 Likes

I think you’re being kind with those numbers. Hehehe

3 Likes

Haha ok that’s kinda what I figured based on what I have read online. I have never listened to any of them, as I am usually always looking for comfort along with sound quality. I know many people love them too!

3 Likes

Bifrost 2, Aeolus, and more pads are all I got on the shopping list. Maybe the FiiO FA9 as the FA7 are currently my favorite IEM. Bifrost 2 is already on its way.

Will be selling the Asgard 3 + Multibit card built in along with the Modius.

1 Like

I already broke the bank, in time for general unemployment amid the pandemic (yay) … But, at least, I’m putting it all to good use while I quarantine.

New gear:

Focal Utopias
(w/WyWires Platinum cable)

Soundsmith Sussurro II cartridge
Gaia II isolation pucks (amazing)

WyWires Silver power cable for MacMini

And I ordered a DNA Stratus (due end of year).

Aside from the DNA, was lucky to take advantage of the resale market for 40-55% off retail, and WyWires still has a 40% off sale going.

Also, had an electrician run two dedicated AC lines, so I have 4 new outlets behind the hi-fi. Combined with the Gaia pucks, it’s about 1k worth of tweaks but far more impactful than fancy speaker wire or other upgrades you might consider.

I don’t think I can really spend any more money on hi-fi for some time now, and I have a stockpile of old gear that needs to move. (Check Buy and Sell for details).

3 Likes