Off Topic: Funny Photos Edition

Apparently SPL’s graphics department consists of grandpa with some paint left over from redoing from the garage out back. This leads to premature wear on the labels with $2K amplifiers:

6 Likes

It is not called “wear”, it is “ageing”. Like fine wine, you know? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Like the greatest people, too.

1 Like

6 Likes

The fear vs. risk response to COVID-19 is one of the most revealing ideological/strategic tests of this generation or our entire lifetimes. It follows from Brexit and umpteen other recent events – these have and will continue to realign global priorities in unexpected ways. I’m not saying this is mainly political; rather, it is a changing of the guard as one model played out to its end.

6 Likes

What is more off topic than a headphone amp driving guitar speakers?

Rig

• 2x12" guitar cabinet with Celestion greenbacks;
  • Schiit Magni 3+;
  • Samsung S8 playing Google Play Music.

Test Setup

• All knobs to the maximum;
  • Random song.

Pros

1. Supreme soundstage;
  2. Mid forward;
  3. Very loud.

Cons

1. Lack of bass;
  2. Too shouty;
  3. Sounded like crap;
  4. Annoyed my wife during the exercise. :skull_and_crossbones:

Kids, don’t try this at home.

20200515_122034

Cheers. :beers:

8 Likes

I thought this was a joke! :rofl:

#BubbleBoy

4 Likes

I once tried my Blackstar HT-1R tube practice amp as a boombox. It sounded horrible and I stopped after less than 1 minute. Big cone speakers tuned for intentional distortion and the narrow frequency range of a guitar cannot hope to do well with full-spectrum music.

2 Likes

And if you do, use a bass cab, it sounds much better :wink:

2 Likes

How does he itch his nose?

And how does this prevent the COVIDs jumping from his hands to his sinuses when he finally does reach under that thing to scratch his nose?

For that matter, how is it better than an N95 and a face shield? Aside from looking sillier and costing more?

So many questions.

1 Like

It reminds me of a stroller.

Fear tends to make people want to crawl back into the womb. Baby steps apparently…

1 Like

6 Likes

:100:
Guaranteed someone’s seeing some action.

3 Likes

7 Likes

How @prfallon69 @ValentineLuke and I roll

Looking at you @BuffaloWing

8 Likes

Implying you left click with your thumb is probably the more disturbing thing to come from that post Darth.

5 Likes

Dare to be different! :wink:

Also I’m usually on my iPad or iPhone when on the forum lol

1 Like

You know it.

2 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes