Pass Labs HPA-1 amplifier/pre-amp, excellent condition and very versatile

Price: $2,100 net to me
Currency: USD
Ships to: Continental US

I have a really nice Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amplifier for sale, only because I’m moving to a Raal system. Like all the Pass Labs amplifiers, this one is built like a tank and sounds great. It offers detail and speed but a bit of tube-like warmth also. In addition to sounding great, it will work with almost any headphones you might already own - barring something power-hungry like the HE-6s. Low impedance, medium or high, this amplifier pairs extremely well with many many headphones.

SEE PHOTOS and a detailed description on the Head-Fi forum here: for sale by DelsFan.

I also have an excellent pair of Dan Clark’s flagship headphones for sale, the Ether 2s, there is a listing here and also one with photos on Head-Fi.

1 Like

Here’s a little bump.

I know the designer well, Jam Somasundram. Jam is meticulous about his designs and was most passionate about this headphone amp while at Pass Labs. After leaving Pass Labs he has now started his own company. It should be fun to see what he comes up with.

I have three headphone amps, two Moth 2A3s (Versions 1 and 2) and the Pass Labs HPA1. I mainly use them with my Susvara and LCD-XC headphones. I am most fortunate to be very satisfied with my headphone setup.

2 Likes