Questions & Comments about Roon

I expect to have some free time between Christmas and New Year. I’ve been reading here and there about ROON filters - not using HQP, just the plain ROON DSP and EQ. As most of you know I’m resistant to too much software, and generally am happier turning knobs, but this year I think I’ve gotten equipment worth at least testing on some of the fancier stuff.

The Audeze EQ in ROON is fine for my LCD-i4. Elsewhere on this forum, I saw that there are repositories of both PEQ and Convolution filters available to use on ROON. One of the comments said to use the PEQ as it’s much less computation.
My first set of questions:

1. Is the above good advice?
2. Is there a concern about phase-shift using parametric EQ in Roon?
3. If I use PEQ should I set headroom management to compensate for the largest gain?
4. Do I simply type in the 5 or 10 band numbers from the filter repositories?

I see that there are filter repositories -

Some of the results are quite new and updated. I see files for both my Nectar Hive and for the RAD-0
Is there a preference among repositories? Are they measured consistently over time? I couldn’t find EQ for my older headphones, but even yes for a surprising number of earbuds.

IF there is a concern about phase shift from Parametric, what is the mechanical process for dropping a convolution file into ROON? (I’m on a Mac, if that makes any difference). And again, should I enable headroom management. Normally I don’t, and haven’t noticed any issues with the Audeze presets.

If it makes any difference, I go out via USB (usually) to a Schiit BiFrost 2/64, a FiiO K9 Pro ESS, or a Sabaj a20d 2022.