Rare high-end IEMs that are worth trying

Yeah they do look like they were designed by a 20th century avant-garde Cubism artist lol.

2 Likes

My Atlas’s with a new Linsoul Copper cable. I’m never selling them.

5 Likes

My Vega with a Forza Audio Works Hybrid cable, not selling either lol

6 Likes

Nice man. That cable looks like it has fantastic build quality. And that is what you need. :wink:

1 Like

Are high end IEM’s worth trying, sure they are. IN most cases a lot of these high end manufacturers offer custom molding to your ears, which provides a proper fit for you and you only. A proper fit means it seals . I look at it like buying a suit, sure you could buy a suit off a rack and from any store, but having a custom made suit just fits you better. Same with CIEM’s the fatigue factor is pretty much eliminated and I feel soundstage is enhanced. .And the CIEM is tuned to each of your ears and their shape. So I say give the high end designs a try and also try a pair molded to your ears if an audiologist is able to make an impression.

1 Like

CIEM’s can be a double edged sword tbh if you’ve demoed the non custom version of a particular set, getting the tuning the same on a CIEM is very difficult indeed. Ken Ball has talked about this I believe and I know at least one person that liked the Andromeda but not his Solstice the CIEM based on that set.

1 Like

I have no experience with CIEMs. Do vendors make a standard product with an undersized nozzle area for customizing IEMs? One could then take an impression of just that part and build it up around the nozzle area. But maybe that alone would change the tuning?

1 Like

I just go down to JH Audio in Orlando and have them custom fitted. The fitting takes into consideration the inner difference in your ears, example. my left ear canal is smaller than my right. Hence I cannot wear Universal IEMs.

1 Like

In this case CIEM’s make perfect sense, I was just pointing out a possible tuning/sound difference between standard sets and custom versions of said standard sets.

Oh for sure. Major differences on each CIEM vs universals even by ear.

I’m thinking about buying a Forza Noir Hybrid for my ZMF Auteur and would appreciate anything you could tell me about them. Thanks.

First off Forza are very helpful just mail them regarding any requirements or questions you have as they normally respond quickly.
Second their cables are very well built and they take pride in each one.
Third the Hybrid cables deliver a well balanced sound, I was somehow expecting a bright shimmery treble response because of the silver content but to me it comes over as smooth and well controlled without sacrificing detail. Mids again are on the slightly warm side but don’t take a backseat in the overall presentation. Finally the bass which digs deep, extends well and delivers a solid kick with a slightly slower decay.
As I said a solid cable, well built, with a balanced sound sig, good soundstage and decent imaging…so a rec from me :+1:

3 Likes

Hello LittleCans,

Your third comment regarding silver content covers exactly what I’ve been
trying to learn about the Forza Hybrid these past few days…exactly!! I’m
relieved of the fears I had about silver, and thrilled that it has the
specific attributes I’m looking for. Getting these insights from someone who
actually has the cable is a big deal.

Also, the “balanced sound sig” you described matches what is so important
for me to combine with the neutral characteristics of the Auteur.

Thank you very, very much. I’m off to place my order.

Lee

3 Likes

Cool please do let us know your thoughts when it arrives :+1:

2 Likes