SOLD: Chord Qutest - Like New

I’m selling a Chord Qutest DAC in like new condition. In original box with all accessories.
P.M. me for more details

$1,349

2 Likes

why sell qutest ? did you find better?

Yes and no. I still think Qutest is a great DAC, but I decided to rob a bank and buy myself a TT2 :slight_smile: . I like having a dac and an headphone amp in the same unit.

2 Likes

Spec seems bad when it come to wattage. you need 2500mwatts to play high end headphones to have decent volume.

This is what in their website …

The Specs

DYNAMIC RANGE
127dB ‘A’ weighted

NOISE
4uV ‘A’ weighted (high gain), 1.7uV ‘A’ weighted (low gain)

DISTORTION
0.00008% @ 2.5V 300Ω; 0.00016% @ 6W 8Ω

OUTPUT POWER - UNBALANCED
288mW 300Ω; 7.3W 8Ω

OUTPUT POWER - BALANCED
1.15W 300Ω; 18W 8Ω

OUTPUT IMPEDANCE
0.042Ω

STEREO SEPARATION
9Vrms 300Ω -138dB

DIMENSIONS
9.4 x 9.3 x 2 in.

WEIGHT
2.5kg / 5.6lb

Waste of money. its more like better dac than headphone amp.

I am gona buy mojo then wait for RME dac with ak4499eq chip in it

That’s absurd. I’m driving ZMF Verite closed which are 300 ohms and LCD-4 which are 200 ohms and usually hard to drive and I have enough power to feed the whole neighborhood. The amp on this is TOTL.

Goodluck. Their spec shows it does not have enough wattage power hungry headphones. Later. No need to reply.

I am only looking for simple dac that is clear and transparent. desktop dac. wondering go for quietest or mojo or smsl m400

Number of headphones I can think of that a Hugo TT 2 cannot drive properly via it’s XLR outputs … NONE.

18W (18,000 mW) into 8 ohms … translates to enough power at 60 ohms to drive even the Susvara (83 dB/mW) to “permanent hearing damage in 20 seconds or less” territory.

7 Likes

Any idea of the power at 50 ohms? Congrats on the TT.

For a Hugo TT 2 via its XLR outputs? ~2,880mW.

From it’s single-end output … ~1,168mW

2 Likes

Thanks for the data. Looks like HE6se (50 ohm) would need to be via XLR route to get the required 2 watts. I have a GSX-mini and it will drive the HE6se, but it sure works the amp harder than any other set of headphones I have.

1 Like

It depends on how loud you plan on listening, and how much headroom you want the amplifier to have at that volume. Actual power requirements for the HE6se are as follows:

2 Likes

85db-88db would be reasonably loud for me. Thank you for the table.

1 Like