The General Advice/Questions Thread

As @BuffaloWing has said the Aeons are very comfortable… the Ether2 is also extremely comfortable and disappears on the head.

That being said, recently I’ve been able to rock the LCD-GX for 6+hrs a day, though it still is heavy it’s no where near as heavy as it’s siblings.

My top two longest session headphones are the Elegia and ZMF Verites.

But the “headphone” I can keep on my head the longest… isn’t in my opinion a true headphone, but anyhow it’s the RAAL SR1A

1 Like

That’s serious right there. I almost bought one used with a combo Jot R but they beat me to it.

1 Like

I think this about sums it up:

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by this.

1 Like

I cant post in the purchase advice forum. I need to meet certain requirements… I am still a forum n00b.
Hence why I posted in the wrong place followed by an apology :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realize that was a “locked” thread. That’s odd as new members would be looking towards advice on purchasing gear.

Emu Teaks are a popular closed back. They’re similar to the Drop/Fostex TR-XX models (same drivers).

Edit:
Are you able to view this thread?

1 Like

Are sound preferences even a factor here, or just pure comfort?

Lots of suggestions being put up, but no one knows what kind of sound you’re looking for.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. I was surprise I couldn’t post…
Yes I can see it, cant post.

1 Like

I’ll say I kind of struck gold here with my Teaks. I put ZMF Universe Suede pads on them, and… I’m floored. The pads bring the bass and treble down, lift the mids a bit, and they actually sound freaking amazing and really close to neutral. They’re also very light, very comfortable. So… Yeah, I’ll second that suggestion.

4 Likes

A sacrifice I am willing to make up to 40%. I am a Edition X v1 type of guy BUT, My experience with close backs is very limited and sour. I got Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GM and I hated them :frowning:

2 Likes

The “Purchase Advice” category requires you’ve been here a little while and interacted some.

That was done so that the forum doesn’t become four million “Which $100 random-PoS-no-one-has-ever-heard-of-should-I-buy” posts by new members that never post again. (AKA the same reason Reddit shit-canned their purchase advice category).

5 Likes

Can you guys do something like link customer of HP? Nothing in HP is cheap LOL, by default you wont get cheap customers and keep the public at bay :slight_smile:

OMG, thank you, don’t change a thing, kk, thx.

Focal Stellia.

Ok, that was easy.

5 Likes

What I’ve never understood about the Reddit/ASR/Pov-Fi crowd is why they’ll spend literally hundreds of hours posting and agonizing over which <$100 thing they want to buy, instead of spending a tenth that time earning the difference between that and what they really (and clearly) want.

5 Likes

I have no idea what you are asking, there.

As to headphone stuff being cheap … I suppose that’s a matter of perspective.

What you can do for under $400 today (e.g. Modi 3/Magni 3+/HD6XX) or even $250 (e.g. Fulla 3/HD 58x) would have been $4,000 just 5 years ago …

5 Likes

Wait, I want chocolates and a walk around the beach… oh an lobster! :rofl:

Hh? Not sure what happen there… What I mean to say, is headphones.com customers.
Could headphones.com customer in a specific spend range get access to that forum.

Maybe I had a cup too many… LOL.

1 Like

Probably, if one of the moderators/leaders wanted to manage that.

As it is, I think you have to be a registered user for at least 15 days, with a trust level of 1 or higher, which happens automatically …

2 Likes

Got it, Just a question. Thanks for all you do @Torq

1 Like

As of late …

I do very little …

SLOWLY!

:wink:

3 Likes