The General Advice/Questions Thread

I have a technical question.
When i listen to black sabbath sweet leaf (remastered 2014) at 3:01 there is a drum part.

When using my hd560s i feel like everything is over everything, i can’t quite hear when a sound stop and when another starts. This part feels distorted so to speak.

When i listen with my HE4XX i hear every hit on the drum as separated compared to the 560s but the punch of the drum sounds all the same, not the sound but the intensity of the punch feel the same.

When i listen with my Elegia i hear everything separated but i hear each notes fading away in a sea of subsequent notes.(i dont know if you guys gets what im saying… it sound really precise as if i get the full picture of all the sounds even tho they sound closer to me) the 4xx was more one hit start and then stops when the next one happens.

i also feel the intensity of everything like its punchier the range of intensity is differents from the 4xx as i can tell how fast and how hard the drummer hits. It is the first time i feel like my elegia sound better than my 560s and my 4xx usually its 560 > 4xx > elegia not the other way around…

Anyway i wanna know if you guys could maybe explain me where i hear speed , instrument separation and clarity in what i just explained as i realize my comprehension is still not on point.

PS I AM RUNNING everything from my topping Mx3 as a dac to my thx 789 single ended output in this specific case.