Topping D90 DAC - Official Thread

Same! They don’t make em’ like they used to…(circa 14 years ago.) :blush:

2 Likes

Exchange in process! I hope I love this DAC more than the SU8!

7 Likes

The Bitfrost 2 should be here by Friday. If I sense a slight hint of a hot mess from my chain, I will order the D90. Based on what I’ve found from different vendor pages, the shipping will take about a month? Considering what’s been going on there at the moment, it’ll probably take even longer.

5 Likes

Back from the Windy City and UPS had dropped off Monoprice THX 887 amp.

Testing the XLR path with the D90 and RCA path with Qutest.

D90 works well with this amp, as you can see it also good match for stacking. I am checking out XLR out vs Single Ended as well.

6 Likes

it does stack well

Where did you order the D90 and how long did you have to wait?

3 Likes

It’s a perfect stack with the Monoprice 887.

2 Likes

Bifrost is amazing! I will have D90 by next week :slight_smile: as well, going to compare.

1 Like

I was thinking about that amp and how it compared to the little THX SP200 did you ever compare other than measurements from ASR?

Apos Audio, it took about a week, I order it on Feb 7th and it was delivered on Feb 13th

2 Likes

THX 887 AMP, is an excellent sounding amplifier. The ideal set up seams to be XLR in and XLR out. 25 Ohm to 80 Ohm Headphone should have plenty of power. Higher Ohm - Lower Sensitivy headphones there are better amps.

TCA HPA-1 just outshines it with LCD-4’s in power delivery and clean signal.

Order of solid-state amp love

1. SPL Phonitor x
  2. TCA HPA-1
  3. Monoprice THX 887
5 Likes

Nope. Sorry. I’m sure they are both extremely similar but no first-hand knowledge on my part

2 Likes

All good thanks!! :pray::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks. Maybe the estimated delivery time listed on the website is more on the extreme side.

@MRHifiReviews. You’ll probably receive it in time to try out your new tube for LYR3 :pray: :joy:

3 Likes

Let us know how you like the D90, especially compared to the Bifrost 2.

I recently received my Bifrost 2 and absolutely love the way it sounds, especially with my Mjolnir 2.

9 Likes

I am looking forward to reading your comparison.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to your comparison as well. No pressure! :wink:

4 Likes

But make it good!!:joy:

6 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Munich High End 2020 - Cancelled - Great Coronavirus Discussion

In the interest of keeping the D90 thread on topic I’ve made the Munich High End 2020 show a hybrid discussion about Coronavirus and moved the corresponding Coronavirus threads over there.

10 Likes

Thank you, Taron. :+1:t4:

2 Likes