Whar Whars or why change headphone wires?

I will do my best to. Maybe I’ll go out and buy a Gopro or something, start making quick videos on it lol. That way you guys can critique my work lol.

Read some of the 64 Audio threads at Head-Fi. $3500 IEM and it needs new $1000 wire?
I have some custom wire for my decidedly cheaper 64 Audio IEMs but that’s more down to ergonomics
(microphonics and resisting tangles) than to sound. I’m not 100% convinced that I can hear the difference.
One of my sets of wire are Double Helix wire that I picked up super cheap (was an experiment by DHC), they sound nice, $600 nice? I don’t know.

1 Like

The main reason for buying used is that I agree the cable is “the icing” and had a hard time justifying the MSRP on any of the custom cables that I felt offered an audible improvement.
Microphonic cable interference was quite a bit worse on some of the after market cables I was able to try, so it comes down (as always) to your ability to afford and appreciate any difference in SQ.

I’m sure you’ll do better than me, I made my first HD600 cable and one connector was like 2 inches longer than the other lmao.

We shall see… I don’t have high expectations for myself lol

Are you going to try any paracord sleeving?

Is there any other way!!! Para cord is IS life :wink: Plus all those pretty colors

2 Likes

How about these for colors, LOL

4 Likes

Yeah…paracord is life…until you have to sleeve it. Lol

It can be tough to find the right size, which did you go with?

I actually need to buy more paracord, I used the ones I had for other projects and, I was waiting on the cables to get in before ordering… I still need to buy adapters also… I think I will go with the 2.5mm to XLR because I have more headphones that use that style connector.

It’ll look like silly string if they ever get tangled lol

Well yes, then you set it on fire. See post #2