What is your "best headphone related" item for under 50

I agree. Superlux HD681 with Cosmos velvet pads to dampen the bass (plus comfort). How did you mod yours?

Also Amperex Holland 7062 D-getter as alternative to 12AT7. Slightly lower gain is like butter.

1 Like

I changed bigger soft leather pads and put toilet paper on the drivers to lower treble peaks. Evos I changed bigger velvet pads and took off the felts on drivers.

2 Likes

I tried that, but then the headphones smelled funny.

6 Likes

Fixed it for you- “and put un used toilet paper on the drivers to lower treble peaks.”

2 Likes

I have uploaded this video and also on my blog, you can see more info in this thread: Community Member YouTube Reviews and Impressions

Thank you to all of those that posted in this thread and especially to @dbstechtalk (and some other revierws from outside this web) who helped make the video possible, sorry I didn’t do an English version but it’s a loooong video :wink:

1 Like

7 Likes

I’ve also considered ear canal maintenance for sonic purposes. A Japanese ex-gf introduced me to ear rakes - haven’t bought a q-tip since.

1 Like

FX Audio DAC 6 was a great starter DAC/amp Combo. You could adjust the high and low gain by removing the cover and switching one jumper pin. I Still have mine and will be giving it to my kid once she gets her new laptop battery. Great starter desktop for right around $50.

2 Likes

Pinza cord holder for when I have headphones lying on my desk and the plugs slide down to the floor: http://www.pinzacord.com/

6 Likes

For Less Critical Listening Sessions

6 Likes

The best headphone related items I’ve ever purchased are my top three favorite CD albums. After all, without my love for music I’d have no desire for headphones.

2 Likes

After a few hours of drinking, the table smudge and spilled beer really adds to the flavor of chips. :partying_face: :beer: :beers:

4 Likes

Now you come up with the best ideas, this would have made the video so much more interesting, well, more fun at least.

(I did manage to slide your ear hair trimmer in though :wink: )

2 Likes