What's in the box!

Congrats!!
I got my Mini MK3 with the LPSU some weeks ago and it is one of the best audio buys, I have made so far.I use it for both my own Flac files, CD’s and streaming.
I got help from Innuos to set up Deezer, they have the best support, so reach out to them if needed. They are quick and reply also after normal opening hours.

And yes, Innuos 2.0 looks fantastic.

Enjoy :grin: :+1:

6 Likes

Here is a unboxing series and lifestyle photo for the Grado Hemps =) I will say they need the Yaxi pads… or other aftermarket pads… the stock pads… you might as well not have pads on ha! Also, these are really nice sounding, they are punchy and smooth, still a tad bright… and the build is classic Grado… comfort is ok with the Yaxi pads… I like the sound signature… but not sure if I could listen to these all day.

GradoHemps-16

25 Likes

Thank you.
I had to replace my very, very old CD player and needed an house for my digital music so Zen Mini looked like the perfect solution also because it’s small enough to keep it on my desk with no problems.
The quality of the internal DAC after some listening sounds very good.
Innuos support and developing is outstanding.
I’m very happy with it and Innuos 2.0 will improve the usability of the device.

4 Likes

Loving the pads @TylersEclectic

1 Like

Grado: Purple Kush edition :laughing:

5 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: The buying experience Thread good or bad

This box thread should be a happy place – borderline more appropriate here, if anywhere.

10 Likes

The cost was a part of my choice, but the real trigger was the size. I also has it on my desk and the other variants just don’t fit. I really like the small footprint it has.

Innuos 2.0 is supposed to launch end of May, so it is going to be almost like Christmas :wink:
It is a more pricy streamer, so I don’t know of many who has one, but those who do love it, so it’s all about buying it and then don’t look back.

I have not used the internal Dac yet, but I have heard the same that it is quite good, so that is also a benefit I should look into.

1 Like

New DAP day.

19 Likes

Nuno dissuaded me from attaching an external DAC to the Mini: first for USB noise and secondly because of the Burr Brown chip implementation that he told me with Innuos 2.0 will further improve its sound.
Mini for sure isn’t cheap but as it’s really worth every pence you spend. Consider that for me digital isn’t the primary source for music since I’m into vinyl much more.
This machine anyway has a “finesse” in its sound that makes me really appreciate digital.
Can’t wait for Innuos 2.0

2 Likes

THIS is interesting, especially that Innuos 2.0 will enhance it even more. I use an Ares ii as my Dac and I like the wide soundstage it has, but I have to try the internal now, I mean, I have also payed for it :wink:
The funny part is that the Cayin tube amp I use for the Mini also has a Dac. So all 3 elements in my main system has a Dac :rofl:

I was not aware that it was the end of this month, they expect 2.0 to go in the air, so I was very pleased to read that.
Now we just have to wait for it!

3 Likes

Hmmm… what’s in the box?? It says “Fragile”!

Looks like some input tubes to help finish the Mogwai SE review that I’m working on… and what’s this mystery white tube?

Wow! A glorious 70 year old light bulb! The holy grail rectifier!

Huge thanks to @Earmuffs for selling me these tubes. I’ve never seen a better packed shipping container (even from commercial entities). Very much looking forward to how these will sound in the @ampsandsound Mogwai SE.

19 Likes

So I already opened up the packaging box for this phono pre-amp, so I decided to see what was inside the preamp itself.

Lots of cut corners, but for $20, I can’t be livid.

I like the hastily thrown together construction. It feels like something I’d make.
Like chocolate chip cookies with way too much salt.

11 Likes

That company and Schiit need to do a collaboration

4 Likes

Call it the Pyle of Schiit xD

6 Likes

Chocolate chip cookies with kosher salt, so you get a nice big grain every once in a while.

5 Likes

Now I want Panera’s kitchen sink cookie.
I think that has kosher salt in it.

1 Like

Nectar Hive electrostatic headphones. Shipped from GA Friday, got to Hawaii Monday which is unheard of lately with USPS.

15 Likes

Hope you like yours as much as I like mine. My favorite. Took some burn-in before the sound was fully there.

3 Likes

Thank you TT, been meaning to get one of these for a few years.

16 Likes