ZMF Auteur over-ear Headphones - Official Thread

Stunning! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thanks! Theyā€™re Teak.

2 Likes

As you said, Oris didnā€™t fit the Auteurs. So for the moment they have found a new home on my old Shure SRH-1840s. Weā€™ll see if they stay there. If not, Iā€™ll post them for trade.

Gorgeous! Isnā€™t the new headband comfy?

Is the stand leopardwood?

1 Like

Yes the Salire is leopardwood and I really like the new headband. I didnt have any issues with the old one, but the new one is for sure an improvement!

1 Like

Iā€™ve finally decided to let go of one of my Auteurs. Some stuff came up that forced my hand financially, but itā€™s probably for the best because I had no business owning two limited Auteurs simultaneously.

I concluded the African Blackwood had to go if only because it should be worth more on the used market with it being such a sought-after version of the headphones. Iā€™m keeping my Manchurian Ash set and donā€™t feel remotely sad about it. I have even got a Cocobolo Aeolus in the house now, so I have plenty of good stuff to enjoy.

These are the ones I just listed for sale:

7 Likes

I gotta say I love mine! I just left some impressions compared with the Burson Soloist 3XP on that thread, so this is very fresh in my mind. Iā€™m also using a BF2.

My Soloist 3XP is probably a lot like your Jot 2, and compared to the Crack, it has some good midrange impact and clarity, but doesnā€™t have the same stage and layering in comparison, which isnā€™t crazy huge, but never feels claustrophobic to me. The Crack also adds a sense of dimensionality to the bass and vocals on the Auteur that makes them both really pop. It does smooth out some detail, but I never feel like Iā€™m missing too much. I really love the combo.

2 Likes

And Iā€™m the lucky recipient of Chrisā€™ Auteur! Hey there @ckhirnigs113 :wave:! Perfect for a well practiced recliner potatoā€¦
They join a DCA Closed X and a RME ADI -2 fs. A nice contrast to the planar, making my Return to Forever collection a brand new experience!

7 Likes

A little off-topic but is the color on the RME analyzer red? Was there an update with new colors thatā€™s been released?!

1 Like

Enjoy them @David_Silva! They look right at home over there. I have my Ash Auteur on at the moment and am enjoying them as much as ever.

3 Likes

Yes @hifiDJ, there is a red option with the current firmware. Also the treble and bass control range went from +/- 6 to +/-12.

2 Likes

Wow!! I realize this is ancient history nowā€¦ but Iā€™m reading through this thread as I eagerly await the arrival of a blackwood Auteur I just bought secondhand. All I can say is this is THE MOST beautiful headphone Iā€™ve ever seen. I hope you still have it, and get stupid amounts of enjoyment from it. That thing is a stunner. JFC. Well done, buddy

4 Likes

Congrats on your new BW Auteurs! I recently got a pair of 2nd hand BW Auteurs, wonderful sounding as well as looks! My first open backs, I am smitten! I am sure you will love yours!

1 Like

New Auteur Classics. Available at CanJam Chicago?

10 Likes

Yes, they will have some sets available at canjam for purchase.

1 Like
5 Likes

Holy phuuuuuuk those are stunning!

Can we get an official topic for the Auteur Classic going? I wanted to drop in some initial thoughts on them but didnā€™t want to mix it in with the OG Auteur.

2 Likes

Here you goā€¦

1 Like