They feature a proprietary ultra-light PEN driver with a 20% beryllium vapor-deposed coating for combined speed and stiffness, resulting in excellent punch and dynamics, and which is mounted at an angle to the ear and with a side-porting scheme to improve stage. And thanks to a new magnesium chassis they’re actually the lightest headphone ZMF now sells.
Initially offered in two woods (a limited edition run of 50 units in Pheasantwood, shown above, or Silk-Wood) and with several choices for the hardware, including polished silver (as shown), black and brass and black and grey options for the chassis, they’re a unique and beautiful piece.
They ship with two different pads, the Vérité pads - for a more neutral tuning, and the “Universe” pads for some added warmth.
- Impedance: 300 ohms
- Sensitivity: 99 dB SPL/mw
- Frequency Response: 10Hz – 25kHz
- THD: 0.1% @ 1 kHz / 100dB SPL
- Driver: Proprietary, ultra-light and light, 20% beryllium vapor-deposed PEN (Polyethylene Naphthalate)
- Weight: 430g (0.95lb) in Silk-Wood (Albizia)
Pre-orders went live in November and customer’s have been receiving their units starting a couple of weeks ago … and this is the spot to discuss them …