ZMF Vérité C - Closed-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Perforated pads on the Vérité Closed are highly likely to result in significant changes in bass level. I’d be surprised if that changed much with suede vs. leather.

5 Likes

Now I understand the statement: “Verite Closed loves tubes”. This is next level performance that I’m getting from the VC paired with the HMS/Dave (Source) and WA33 amp, it feels like they were designed to be driven by powerful tube amps. Hats off to Zach. :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

6 Likes

Yes!!! Tubes and ZMF are almost Magical!

6 Likes

I’m not very expert, so forgive if the question was naive, an acquaintance in the city where I live is offering me his Quad PA-One+, I was wondering how much it was suitable for the ZMF VC that I plan to buy.

ZMF VC is fairly easy to drive. I don’t know the PA-One+, but from its specs it should have no driving the VC. Will it sound just OK, good, great? Only you can decide by listening. Personally, I would not buy a headphone amp with an integrated ESS DAC, but that’s just because I have other DAC preferences.

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Chord Electronics - Official Thread

I can be a bit too self-conscious about the music I listen to, since I’m splitting rent with someone else. The VC is nice as it’s a closed can that allows me to completely eliminate this feeling. It creates a more private experience and lets me feel closer to the music.

4 Likes

Looks like the Camphor Burl LTD has dropped:

8 Likes

Would you feel comfortable sharing any of his advice about these pads? It might be helpful to others and save us emailing him with the same questions.

1 Like

It’s mostly covered on this information page:

https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmfpads

It was specifically regarding a non-ZMF headphone (Audeze). Zach was very helpful even though I was pad rolling a different brand headphone (he likes Auteur pads for Audeze).

3 Likes

Thanks. I have stared at that page quite a bit!

For myself, I’m wondering if there’s a pad that would, compared to the Universe pads which I’m currently using on the VC (monkeypod), reduce the mid-bass just a touch and tilt the tuning slightly brighter, while slightly expanding the soundstage, without losing the snappiness. The Auteur pads are supposed to expand the soundstage, but I don’t feel it much and I just find them a bit boring. I had my eye on either Universe hybrid or Auteur hybrid pads as a potential move - anyone know whether I’m on the right track?

3 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m ordering a Universe Perforated Hybrid (for a modded Fostex). The Lambskin should maintain the speed, while the perforations open up the stage. The hybrid should theoretically reduce the mid bass (Perf reduces bass as well).

4 Likes

I’d be interested to hear how you find that - is it an open or closed-back Fostex (or one of those slightly open ones)? Most of the advice I’ve heard has been against perforated pads on closed backs.

2 Likes

It’s actually a semi-open Headphone.

I’ll post my impressions on the above thread. :+1:t4:

4 Likes

Now I was asking this re a VO so it may not fully apply to the VC but Zach told me the hybrid pads smooth out the treble and bass and lessen the dynamics a touch - its an easy listening pad. Didnt mention whether it effects tonality.

Not sure if that helps you in any way. I think there are some pad FR measurements on the VO thread which may apply.

3 Likes

Hey just a tip for fellow VC (and other ZMF) users: it may be worth checking from time to time that your rods are still screwed firmly into the brackets holding the cups. Mine just explosively dropped a cup, which luckily fell into my lap while the rod pinged painfully against my old, bald head. I found you can just unplug the cables and screw the rods back in by turning the cups. But apparently they can work loose during normal use, and it’s not much fun when they come off.

10 Likes

My Eikon did that and scared the crap out of me! I’m with you, I routinely check mine now before every use.

3 Likes

I’ve had to replace the rods on a pair. A little locktight should hold them in. Zach provided a little with the replacement kit I received.

6 Likes

I also had gimbal screws a bit loose and rods got loose on my Aeolus. Fortunately had hair and the headband slamming to my head wasn’t so bad, haha. And cup didn’t drop from my hand. A little bit of Loctite and it’ll hold again.

6 Likes

It happens, but the good thing is that they are not broken and easy to reasemble.

And welcome onboard!! May your stay be long and your wallet not too offended :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes