ZMF Vérité C - Closed-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

The two IEMs I own, Etymotic ER4 and InEar Prophile 8, while quite different between themselves (deeper bass, smoother treble for the Prophile 8; better treble extension in the ER4s) are both very different from the VC, which supplies much deeper layering with a touch of reverb (cup resonances), with dense, material bass and superior percussion attack and decays. I mainly use the IEMs for travel with a DAP, and the VC at home with full-sized amps or a portable Chord Hugo 2. Different experiences for different purposes.

2 Likes

I made the oopsie. I am pretty broke and need to do overtime now… :laughing:

But goddamn. When you put 8D-music I was afraid as it sounded so BIG. Not just wide, tall but big. It is true that if music is not overall such good quality they sound, not bad but just normal; and Aeolus can be more engaging at times when the mids are more forward and so lively in some tracks.

But these are fast, punches good and details everywhere. The company put a discount code on me by email and I couldn’t resist anymore. And I’m not disappointed at first glance, I’ve got them for few hours now.

11 Likes

They look awesome, I fully understand the purchase!

1 Like

Yea, they look awesome! And it did and went beyond what I expected, and I think I was looking for this kind of experience after all. It would be way too long to describe what I think of them but it has nailed everything just right and closed back to seal the deal. Some tuning on the sound could be nice with pads sometime too. So glad that Zach got a dealer to Finland and I got to spend on the Aeolus and VC. Aeolus had perfected house sound and VC just got nailed everything else, I was a bit of a fanboy after Aeolus but now I don’t think I need anyother headphone (atleast for a while, haha) and just love what Zach, Bevin and crew does!

7 Likes

That is a discount code I would have loved to have had, I just ordered a pair of LTD VCs myself haha. Love how yours turned out!

How do you feel about those Ethers now that you have the VC on hand?

2 Likes

Discount was in Finland’s vendor and it wasn’t meant just for the VC. I think they do it to most of people if they have stuff on their shopping cart. Anyway.

Ether’s have a good soundstage, they have a bit more relaxed sound and linear FR. VC has a bit more of the engaging factor with the mids, they sound like intimidating, close and soundstage good when it’s mixed in the track. Ether’s also feel airy in the soundstage. VC has defitinely more detail all around and you hear it immediately but Ether’s don’t lack in the category either.

I was considering if I like enough of the Ether CX still, thinking of selling but damn. Now I like their relaxing sound and appreciate them more. Maybe I won’t sell the main 3 in a while; and leave M1060c for VR like before.

I was also meaning VC as perfect in the meaning of it does everything so good and don’t have anything that is annoying. They are not perfect in the literal meaning, of course. And they are so mezmerizing, you just get hooked on them.

2 Likes

Which wood are your VC’s?

They are Leopardwood.

1 Like

To clarify, is the gimbal the rounded metal part following the shape of the cup? I tried turning my cups a few turns either way and couldn’t tell if the rods were tightening or loosening (I still had cables attached so didn’t go very far either way…)

Yes. I turned the cup clockwise to tighten the rod into the gimbal. This video may help:

2 Likes

Ah I see, thanks! I was mindlessly rotating the cups when I tried not taking into account that the rods were also turning lol. I’ve now successfully loosened (and re-tightened) them!

2 Likes

Hey guys, what sound differences can I expect between the Universe Suede and Auteur suede? Which will fill in the upper mids the most?

Welcome. You can find good info here: https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmfpads.

I’ve yet to hear the VC. Good luck.

1 Like

SNAP! We have the same ZMF combo!!! I love the Leopardwood VCs!

2 Likes

Acorn Audio (where I got my VCs) have some limited sets in stock at the moment… they look pretty epic! Hard to chose a favourite, but I think it would have to be the “cheaper” Camphor limited.

Fully expecting @TylersEclectic to love the purple!

6 Likes

Can’t wait until they come out in the states! Been checking everyday for them to drop on ZMFs site

I wonder if the UK dealer simply just put an order in really early. Probably saw @Torq’s pics!

1 Like

I wonder how the acrylic in stabilized wood affects the sound?

3 Likes

I wrote Zach about it 3 weeks ago. He said they would start to sell in 2 to 3 weeks. So should be any day now he’s uploading the first batch.

1 Like

Interesting question. You’d think it may be more likely to act like something higher up on the hardness scale but what do I know of the acoustic properties of acrylic.

1 Like