Abyss Diana Phi

It does somewhat, but they still don’t clamp. No real spring action in the headband. Maybe I’d you had quite a wide head. But then you would be making a seal with the pads and miss out on allllll the bass.

And yes. Do try, I think they’re great. The D8000 is my favourite of the two, having owned both. I had to EQ the Pro a lot more to get the balance, given its significant tilt from the stock ones.

I’ll be putting the Pro pads on the D8000 soon though, I prefer the material.

I’ve heard others have similar experiences with the Dianas not quite fitting their head/face.

I’m taking notes on whether more people prefer the D8000 vs Pro. I don’t intend to use EQ that much/often.

If you lock the midrange. The Pro tilts treble up AND bass down compared.

Good to know. I’m not sure if that’s preferred.

I like my bass a bit boosted, so I had a heavy EQ on the Pro. It EQ well, like sounded great, but wasn’t the same headphone.

Non-Pro I barely touch with EQ, and could happily run it without.

Cool. I believe minimizing the use of EQ would be preferred.

Watched this video on design and manufacturing of the Diana ear pads the other day, thought it was good enough to share (apart from the bits denying the existence of the DMS mod):

I like watching talks with engineers about manufacturing of products, especially where slight deviations on products makes things impossible, or next to impossible, to manufacture.

1 Like

What’s the point when they aren’t allowed to touch your face to get the best sound?

I am curious as to how the original Diana being more analytical compares to the Diana TC? I understand it has the smaller version of the 1266 driver but how does that translate in real world listen experience? Also how does it scale over the original?

1 Like

Hello Everyone

New here, also fairly recent into audio gear. Just about over a year now!
Having a a90/d90 combo and HP are HD800s, LCDC2 and beyers dt880 (600ohm)

I have just found a second hand Abyss Diana V2 for 2000 euro.

Would this be a nice addition to my current setup?

Kind regards
Ken Neyt

3 Likes

@admins @moderators can we change the title of this to just Diana? That way we don’t have to have multiple threads for Diana headphones. Thanks!

1 Like

If we can’t change the title of the thread from Abyss Diana Phi then I’ll move this.

Listened to the MR (leather bass ported pads), Utopia 22, and D8KP LE off the Mj3 today. I personally don’t think this is the best amp for the Utopia but still waiting on my tube amp atm so it’ll do.
MR is the warmest of the bunch. It has more bass bloom than the others but I would say the D8KP has more detail in the bass. MR can still hit hard in the bass too tho and I’m not saying it’s muddy, it’s just thicker in the bass at times.
Utopia hits hard in the bass and goes decently low for a dynamic but it’s obviously not going as low as the planars. It does have good texture throughout the bass. I think the Utopia and D8KP just nudge out the MR in clarity overall throughout the FR. I think they both do a better job of layering and separation but the MR is still enjoyable.This isn’t bashing the MR, I like it and it’s staying, but just giving some impressions. Utopia and D8KP pull out a tad bit more details as well. The MR is that chill headphone you reach for. Not saying the D8KP or Utopia are too analytical but the MR is smoother and its warmth helps. Utopia and D8KP have more air. Both have a bigger stage than the MR but this doesn’t bother me. Timbre is solid on all of them. I don’t have any complaints.
They all three can live in a collection.
MR is a nice change up to these and it’s really good off the mojo2 and it’ll be my main, mobile, around the house headphone when I don’t want to be at my main chain. And I also think it’s a great headphone to use while working and you want a smooth, enjoyable, but still engaging headphone.

3 Likes