This is the place to discuss the reintroduced Ampsandsound Leeloo Tube Amplifier as a collaboration amp with Headphones.com.
- Single Ended Ultra Linear tube amp
- Low Z Headphone Output ( 8 ohm)
- High Z Headphone Output (100 ohm)
- 8 Ohm Speaker taps outputting 3W
- Choke-filtered PSU for dead-quiet sound reproduction
- Stepped attenuator volume control
- Sleek, Matte Black Wood Chassis
- Custom wound ultra-high quality output transformers
- World-Class Support from Headphones.com and Ampsandsound
- Input Tube: 12AX7 or equivalent (x1)
- Rectifier: EZ81 or 6CA4
- Output Tubes: EL84 (x2)
The intention with this one is to be a versatile tube amp for headphones and speakers, with the flexibility to tube roll. I’m also told that you can get a bit more power by using a 12AX7 for those who need that.
For those who remember the ZMF Pendant, that was a rectifier tube amp that was originally based on the Leeloo. Since then, the Pendant SE revision changed a few things, like going to 8 and 100 ohm outs for Low and High Z respectively.
The new Leeloo is essentially that, with a few extras and additional improvements, like speaker outputs on the back, a redesigned choke and bigger power supply to name a few.
I’ve spent some time listening to it, but since this is a collaborative product with Headphones.com, my commentary will be predominantly non-evaluative. The one thing I will say though is that the improvements have also led to much better noise floor handling with more sensitive headphones. For example I was able to run the low impedance Focal headphones, including the closed-backs with zero noise floor, which is in keeping with making sure it’s versatile for a wide range of headphones.