Announcing the *new* HEADPHONE Community Preview Program

Hey there. I was looking to give the CFA Orion a try. I’ve got a DAP, and a DAC both with <1Ohm output impedance. I’ve had my eye on CFA stuff for a while. @taronlissimore. Could I audition a pair, please?

1 Like

you should probably PM @taronlissimore and @Torq for details and make sure you’re qualified

3 Likes

Oh, alright! I forgot about that. Thank you for letting me know, man.

2 Likes

If anyone is interested, I will make available these for loaner tours:

• Tin Hifi P1
  • BGVP DM6
6 Likes

You are not planning on a holiday in Spain by any chance are you?? :wink:

1 Like

Nope, we did briefly talk about italy, but not spain, and now it’s postponed til next year. Will do a shorter vacation closer to home instead.

1 Like

I would love to hear the DM6.

1 Like

Hi I am currently going to send it off to @nitrokojote today in Canada. Then he’s going to set up a Canadian tour of it and I’ll probably get it back towards end of summer. After that, I can ship you both P1 and DM6.

3 Likes

If it’s possible, I’d be interested in the Orion or the E5000.

PM @taronlissimore and @Torq they should be able to help you out!

3 Likes

We have some new DACs and Amps joining the program.

Thanks to a very generous donation from @Torq, the Grace SDAC Balanced and the Cavalli Liquid Carbon X will be joining The HEADPHONE Community Program.

We are also talking to Mayflower Electronics and we will be adding the O2/ODAC and their ARC headphone amp / DAC to to the program.

8 Likes

Is there an updated list of available gear?

I can add some of the review units I have to the community as well. Already sent out the Tin P1 planar and BGVP DM6 out to a tour of Canada with some members of this community

1 Like

I update the first post with gear available on a semi- regular basis. I haven’t put any community donated gear in there yet as @Torq is the first one to send gear to the warehouse to go into the program. If you want to let me know the gear and what Tier you would like it in I can add it to the list!

2 Likes

Strictly speaking, the Massdrop x Cavalli Liquid Carbon X and Grace SDAC Balanced are donations to the program from Massdrop/Drop and @CEE_TEE, so any thanks really belong there.

They just happened to be in my possession.

Proper review of the SDAC Balanced is overdue (I am just editing). The short version is that if you’re looking for an inexpensive balanced DAC that both sounds excellent, and measures well, it’s a no-brainer.

The next two most closely priced units, neither of which I like as much, are both more expensive and, from my perspective, don’t sound as good. And beyond those we’re into much bigger steps up in price …

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Massdrop x Grace SDAC Balanced - Official Thread

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Single Ended, Balanced & Differential - What it Means

Oh you push the first valve down. And the music goes round and round
And it comes out here…

2 Likes

Yeah, but you’re obviously a well educated genius when it comes to understanding the inner workings of intricate electronics.

I mean how else could you discern such elaborate and scientific “workings”?! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Because I’m the class clown?

1 Like

Well, certainly entertaining :wink:

1 Like