Antdroid's In-Ear Monitor Ranking List & Impressions/Reviews

I got lost in the kaddish and didn’t have a chance to check out Havasi. I’ll let you know if I get a chance to listen later.

I’ve never tried the Dekoni tips, but in general I find that foam tips kill treble air and often soften the bass. That works well with IEMs like the Andromeda or KZ ZS10 Pro that have an excess of high treble, but I usually don’t like the effect with more normally tuned sets.

If you have trouble with seal using silicones, I highly recommend the Sedna Xelastec tips. They’re made of a sticky TPE that deforms when warm and seals exceptionally well. It also doesn’t get itchy the way silicone sometimes does for me. They’re expensive and run larger than normal, but they have in between sizes which makes getting a good fit even easier. I use medium small in my left ear and medium in my right.

The other thing you could play with is going up in tip size and shooting for a shallower insertion. That tends to open up the treble, though at the expense of bass. It can also help with getting a seal if the outer portion of your ear canal is more circular in cross section, like mine is.

3 Likes

@pwjazz ,I’m glad that you like the kaddish, actually I got addicted to it first time I heard it ,that’s why I bought the CD after ,it took me almost a couple of weeks to recover from that addiction,Yom has another great album called (songs for the old man ) the first track called ( journey of life ) and another one called ( dark prayer ) both are nice and good for testing dynamics,I’ll try to get the Sedna tips and try them ,I remember that I did tried the andromeda silver limited edition with foam tips ,and the treble was very nice on it ,the cymbals were clean and smooth in hi hats ,what do you think about the thieaudio monarch treble?

1 Like

I’ve never heard the Monarch, sorry. The Andromeda has maybe the best treble I’ve heard on an IEM, it’s too bad that the rest of the frequency response is so weird.

So, you got me checking out something new. When I had some time, I looked up Yom and the Wonder Rabbis. Quite an interesting group. Although I think I greatly prefer their “Picnic in Tchernobyl”.

Thank you for the review, and the intriguing bit of music. Very klezmer-influenced clarinet. I think there’s a lot of that going around. I don’t apologize for my earlier vision of Clark Kent in Smallville. Of course Schuster, who drew Superman was Jewish, as were Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, and many other comic book artists and writers.

3 Likes

Thanks to @JAKOB for the music recommendation.

1 Like

i did listen to all Yom ,and his band the wonder Rabbis ,his intention was to resurrect & revive the klezmer music in a new style ,he’s a spiritual guy ,music is religion by itself ,it doesn’t follow any religion .in my personal opinion ,i like the most his 2 albums ( With love-2011 ,and songs for the old man-2016) ,again its just my personal opinion

1 Like

Made some minor updates and some new rankings:

3 Likes

February Updates to the Antdroid Ranking List:

Newly Added:

Aune Jasper

Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro

SeeAudio Yume

Thieaudio Legacy 9

Thieaudio Voyager 14

Please check out the current Tier list here: Antdroid IEM Ranking List

6 Likes

I’ve added several new IEMs to the list:
Campfire Dorado 2020
Campfire Vega 2020
Dunu EST 112
Fearless Tequila
Fearless S8Z
FiR VxV (Five x Five)
Shanling ME80

And I also have a Graph Comparison Tool for IEMs https://iems.audiodiscourse.com/?share=Antdroid%20Target

one for headphones too: https://headphones.audiodiscourse.com/?share=Antdroid%20Target

7 Likes

I can’t seem to scroll down the page… a little painful scrolling down manufacturers/brands and their models.

Yea wasnt designed to have scrolling since the individual sections are scrollable. It fits to the window, so you can play with your browser window size to adjust. I didn’t design this tool, but I will see if I can make it prettier later.

Normal / no zoom:
oVr80pzQkz

So from there, I can only see a limited view on the brand and models.

Zooming out to 50%:

R9xF5RxsHX

Graph becomes larger eating into screen real estate :frowning:

Zooming out to 300%:

SiQQkTzkAo

Graph reduces in size :frowning:

Anyways, it’s a start, and nice work!

Yea it does some strange stuff at certain window sizes and aspect ratios. It’s really meant to be embedded but can’t seem to get an embed working on this. Prob because it’s hosted on GitHub

each of those boxes (left: brand, right: product) should be scrollable on their own.

This is what it looks like on Ultra-Wide :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice tool! Appreciate the effort.

If you try to force the “main” div element to “column”, it should fix the issue :wink:

1 Like

How did you like the Mest MK2 @antdroid

Its good! I think its a nice alternative to the original, with a warmer low end that is good for rock music while retaining all the technical performances. it puts a smile on face when i listen to it. its also way more comfortable.

2 Likes

And performance generally inline with other good options in the price range?

added several more IEMs to the ranking list:

Unique Melody MEST MK2
Moondrop Aria
Tin Hifi T5
Audio Lohaki
Prisma Azul

They have links to the reviews next to them in the ranking list…and all of these are in the Graph Tool now. :slight_smile:

9 Likes