Anyone use a Schiit Fulla 2?

I’m considering purchasing one, mainly for my Grado SR225e phones. I would like something small and overachieving for the price.

What do you think of the sound quality? What other dac/amps would you consider?

Thanks!

1 Like

If you’re looking to stay within that price range, Dragonfly Black is also a good option with even smaller form factor. I’ve never personally tried the Fulla 2 but from what I’ve heard it’s a decent all-in-one solution for the price.

2 Likes

Yep. The AQ Black is on my radar. I like the fulla plug and play capability and also have a bifrost uber on my main system.

Thanks for the update!

Yeah I think there aren’t that many plug and play ones like the Fulla/DFB/Red, but there’s a lot of “portable” options. Not sure if you’re just looking for small form or portable.

Also I’d recommend DFB over Fulla 2 for the Grado SR225e. Schiit tends to emphasizes highs a bit in my experience, and I’m not sure you’d want to emphasize the highs on the Grado any further.

Looking for versatile small form factor across multiple platforms; my ears are older so a bit of boost isn’t bad for me…

Anyone who has the fulla2, does it tend to lag sometimes for you? Like it sometimes lags for me and video will keep playing but audio will have stopped… Anyone know what’s goin on there?

What platform are you running? Have you made sure all drivers are up to date, the OS too?

Besides that issue, how is the sound quality and have you compared this with other similar devices (e.g., Dragonfly Black)?

Thanks!

I’m running Win7. Haven’t really tried it much on other devices. Sadly I have not had the opportunity to compare it with DF red or black.

Ok, so I think I figured the issue out. I think it was just my USB. Kinda a schiity (kill me for the pun) USB and I think it had issues. Regardless I plugged with a different one and it seems to be working better. I think this worked. Hard to tell honestly and it still stalls sometimes

Ah! Cool beans. Thanks to the advent of USB and HDMI cables, it seems like this occurs WAY too often.

I guess the best bet is to find the least expensive company that creates a good cable and stick with them (but I guess that’s true for just about anything, I guess.)

Glad to hear that things worked out!

Yeah. Just as long as the cable works it will conduct lil.

I made the great leap and ordered the Schiit Fulla 2; it shipped yesterday. We’ll see how it goes!

1 Like

So far I really like it; seems to have a lot more authority up and down the frequency spectrum and a lot more clarity when used with my mac mini (dac only).

On the Grado SR225e phones, it was solid and played loud enough, but I am still testing.

Unfortunately, I am unable to test with my iPad Pro since I don’t have a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.

So far, so good!