Audeze - Official Thread

The rad-0 headband can be bent slightly to lessen the clamp but that hotspot, haha.

1 Like

I think you missed the i - the in-ear phones were the question. It seems that the entire low end is being phased out. But maybe it’s related to covid supply chain issues. Or maybe they are coming out with new versions.

I was so impressed with the iSine 20, that I’m seriously considering upgrading to the LCDi3, but Barbara wants a NEW pair, and is not as critical a listener as me. We figure the LX with a Cipher would be better than the earbuds that came with her iPhone 11. The 10’s certainly would be. But if Audeze is thinking about a new lineup, I’d wait for that.

1 Like

Little Lcd 2.2 pf love…

4 Likes

I definitely agree. LCD-2.2 pf is absolutely an underrated headphone. At first I preferred my HE500 tonal balance stock for stock over my lcd. I am big on timbre and have always preferred dynamic headphones in the past because of it.

This all changed after I did a little modding and eq to my 2.2 pre fazor.

I have spent about the last few weeks trying to get the tonal balance and timbre correct throughout the frequency range. For example, cymbals, guitar and the human voice. Although, it is not perfect. I think it is way more natural/neutral warm versus slightly dark stock. The sound stage is less congested and more open. No loss in bass response as well due to similar thickness of the felt padding.

I simply cut out three layers of gauze and swapped the felt black padding out. Also, added my eq curve.

I suggest if you have free time please try it. Although, unit variation is inevitable in this case. I know you will enjoy this very much. Eq is essential for timbre quality.

Side notes: My basx a100 is a pretty warm sounding amp, so I will also find a more natural/ neutral pairing in the future. I’ll most likely end up getting a fancy dac too soon. Idk yet. I will also receive an HE6 in the mail in the next few days for comparison as well.

Update: He-6 came today! :astonished:

7 Likes

Cool!

They make different backings/dampening you can buy. I think I saw it on eBay. Ever try that?
Really, you can just buy some foam and cut out the circles.

5 Likes

If anyone has a pair of Og Audeze vegan pads laying around that they wouldn’t mind selling. I will gladly take them off your hands

1 Like

Question, the Audeze carbon fiber headband is 60g. What’s the standard suspension strap weight? I cant find the weight… I’d imagine there’s very little difference…

1 Like

@metal571, I was galumpfhing around the internet, and saw that someone alleged that you commented | sent a letter | alerted Or something to Audeze about the ease with which one can rupture the driver membanes? Like by pressing headphone, IEM? Into ear canal, and or pushing against head? Or perhaps taking them off too fast? Something about increasing or decreasing the air pressure, and while it’s not just Audeze, people should be careful? As Pink Martini says, “does any of this ring a bell, Eugene?”

I recently got some used iSINE 20s, and liked them so much that I’m getting some LCDi3’s (and may let my better half use the 20s much as I like the Tie Fighter look of them), Was curious as to your comments re-above, and your general thoughts on the Audeze not-quite-IEMs.

2 Likes

I didn’t alert Audeze about that - they already recommend not to press the big LCDs against your head while sealed, which can sometimes damage the driver. I did advocate however that a warning about this be put in every box instead of just something buried in their FAQ: https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001045046-Crinkling-clicking-static-sound-when-I-press-on-the-earcup

Have not heard any of the iSines at all, and the i3 only briefly, not enough to make a serious judgement about them.

Great photos. That’s an old school planar combo right there!

1 Like

Well that makes sense. As the iSINE and i3 don’t really seal, and the ear canal is a fairly low volume, I wasn’t sure if similar care needed to be taken. I would guess not.

Thanks! I’m enjoying those two quite a bit right now. I was going to trade my LCD2.2 for a ZMF Aeolus, but every time I listen to it I have second thoughts lol. I’m just going to keep it, and find an Auteur second hand. I also saw a local lcd x used for $700. I’m not sure how to tell if it has 2016 drivers though. The HE6 definitely lives up to it’s reputation for hard hitting bass reproduction. Mine is a 6 screw (late production), and it has a more forward vocal presence than I anticipated as well. Which I really like in a headphone. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

hello,
i have a yamaha cx- a 5100 surround preamplifier. is it possible with the headphone output of the yamaha to become dolby atmos with the audeze mobius?
best regards,
frans callebaut

Anyone have any experience with the LCD-MX4? What were your impressions?

I had a pair for several months last year and I found them to be pretty enjoyable. Compared to the LCD-4, the stock tuning has slightly less recessed upper mids but is still noticeable. Bass impact and detail retrieval are definitely the strong points of that model while also being incredibly easy to drive. It’s still relatively heavy compared to other headphones as well, but still a better option if you are sensitive to headphone weight compared to the LCD-4.

Main areas where it loses out to the LCD-4 is it has a slightly closer soundstage and the sub-bass delivery is not as smooth or natural sounding, but still very present.

They don’t come up for sale that often but if you see one in the $1300-$1500 range I feel they are worth giving a shot, hope this helps!

1 Like

Audeze HEDDphone :slight_smile: … interesting.

I’m curious but needing a separate amp that locks me into one provider is meh. I tend to like other amps over Schiit and that’s the other hesitation in it all.

3 Likes

especially with the 30 day return… I could see people trialing it, which could mean a few b-stocks in a month or so.

5 Likes

I got an email on these this morning but the link said “page not found” …assumed they were sold out already. Apparently not. I really like those cups. I was surprised they’re still so heavy though…615g. Figured they’d be lighter than the X

Just ordered. Should be here end of week or so. The 30 day return window is reaky what did it for me tbh

2 Likes

Oh, also, review: The Limited Edition Audeze LCD-R Ribbon Headphones & Schiit Jotunheim A amplifier - YouTube

3 Likes