Audeze - Official Thread

The LCD-R is certainly limited by the Jot-A. When I had the LCD-R, I tested it out with an NCore speaker amp with an L-pad attenuation circuit, and the changes were night and day. The Jot-A sounds veiled, soft, and flat in comparison. With the NCore amp, the microdinamics greatly increased, and the separation became so much better. If you have a clean speaker amp, the LCD-R can really show what it is capable of. Even when playing at lower volume and the Jot-A at higher volume, the Ncore amp displayed noticeable improvements in dynamics and clarity.

I no longer have the LCD-R (got rid of it because I prefer the LCD-5 ), but any owners should seriously pressure Audeze for a list of parameters an amp should have in order to drive the LCD-R, or create guidelines on how to use the LCD-R with a speaker amp.

9 Likes

Hey guys. Im trying to put this into roon but its coming out looking majorly messed up. anyone know where Im going wrong? Im taking the bottom number to be Q value and the one right above it to be change in DB, correct? Also, I am assuming the top number is total headroom compensation? Here is what my roon corrected FR is looking like

They may have changed this, but if I recall correctly Roon’s shelf filters don’t behave the same way that the PEACE ones do - or at least I had trouble with that. Might have to devise a different method of achieving the curve.

EDIT - oh I see what you mean.

1 Like

any chance PEACE has a graphic display you wouldnt mind posting so I can see what your curve ends up looking like?

1 Like

Rofl, yah. Not even close to what I’ve got. Ill see what I can manage. Unfortunately cant use PEACE on my work PC

EDIT: BTW, you had more time with Rs yet to form a better option? Wasnt sure if we would be getting a video on them or not.

EDIT2: Is the row right above the q-value measured in dB? It seems like my trebble is more off than the bass and it doesnt have any shelfs in it at all

Ok, so turns out I had a shelf by mistake in one of them. Closer now, but still off a bit. We will see how I can refine this

@Resolve are there any cut off in the intial band listing? It looks like you added a peak north of 10k by the graph but there arent any filters shown for that above.

1 Like

That still doesn’t look right. Let me make a Roon profile here.

1 Like

I massively appreciate the help

This looks like it has a band past 10khz that isn’t shown in the PEACE screenshot.

1 Like

OH I just realized you were talking about the R and not the 5. My bad. I’ll post the R curve, one sec.

1 Like

ah! That makes a lot more sense comparing the graphs. tyvm again

Here you go. Looks pretty similar:

Remember to set gain to -6

3 Likes

ok, cool. Looks like everything is fine then. I was mostly just confused because of the LCD-5 graph. Ill try this out after lunch and see how it goes. Im becoming more and more currious if my love for the LCD-R (and the stank it puts on some stuff) comes from FR or something else tbh

Here’s what my AutoEQ generated for the LCD-R. If anyone wants to try my EQ i’d be interested to hear your opinions of it.

With Bass Boost:

Preamp: -7.2 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 20 Hz Gain 5.8 dB Q 0.73
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 72 Hz Gain 1.8 dB Q 1.18
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 236 Hz Gain -2.9 dB Q 1.13
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 904 Hz Gain -4.2 dB Q 0.97
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 1076 Hz Gain 1.9 dB Q 2.32
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 4191 Hz Gain 1.7 dB Q 1.81
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 4262 Hz Gain 6.3 dB Q 1.62
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 5157 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 3.62
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 8626 Hz Gain 3.8 dB Q 2.81
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 14137 Hz Gain 0.9 dB Q 2.57

Without Bass Boost:

Preamp: -7.5 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 43 Hz Gain -2.2 dB Q 1.47
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 183 Hz Gain -2.3 dB Q 0.48
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 890 Hz Gain -3.7 dB Q 1.23
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 1022 Hz Gain 1.6 dB Q 2.71
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 4190 Hz Gain 7.9 dB Q 1.73
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 5190 Hz Gain -2.9 dB Q 3.84
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 8834 Hz Gain 4.1 dB Q 2.70
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 14030 Hz Gain 1.0 dB Q 2.46
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 21316 Hz Gain -0.2 dB Q 1.95

1 Like

If it helps with EQ, when I spoke to Audeze, they provided with this FR graph. I believe it’s an average of a few sets they measured.

(Yes, it seems like they’ve invested in an AP)

1 Like

Is this on a standard GRAS rig or on Audeze’s old measurement rig?

Edit: It looks broadly similar to Resolve’s measurement so i’d guess some kind of GRAS rig.

1 Like

No idea, that I didn’t ask about the measurement rig. The software used to graph it looks different to their older ones - the measurements you’ve seen tied to various headphone units (with the serial no.).

1 Like

I think for QC they use a flat plate, fine for just basic QC checks tbh. As for what their old rig is i can’t remember, maybe it is their current QC rig.

1 Like

Last time I asked for one of those graphs on their HATS it was a KEMAR. I think they are trying to or already have a 5128C now as well so it’s probably worth asking where that graph came from. It definitely has the characteristic B&K 8k feature if it’s a raw, which it looks like it is

4 Likes

Yeah, seems raw and uncompensated.

1 Like