Audio Technica - Official Thread

Audio-Technica Corporation (Kabushiki Kaisha Ōdio Tekunika) is a Japanese company that designs and manufactures professional microphones, headphones, turntables, phonographic magnetic cartridges, and other audio equipment. It was established in 1962 in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan, by Hideo Matsushita as a phonograph cartridge manufacturer. In 1974, the company developed its first headphones, the AT-700 series. Interesting modern models include the audiophile ATH-AD series and professional ATH-M/R series.

3 Likes

This may be vintage gear by now, but I still use my ATH-ES7 once in a while. Just bought some new pads as the old ones were dissolving. Still sound nice, and are compact enough for travels. They were also my very first venture in expensive headphones (at least for me in 2009).

8 Likes

@Dudley_Doody found and uploaded these for the ATH-70x:

2 Likes

At last I managed to demo the R70x. They sound balanced with a dark tilt. Nice bass, solid soundstage. Feather weight, great comfort. Cups are smaller, then they look in photographs. Only long cable is included. Hard to identify left-right cup. Somewhat insensitive, need stronger amp. Very enjoyable sound, but not on the detailed side.

3 Likes

For anyone looking for decent cable alternatives I can recommend Lunashops. I have a 16-core XLR and an 8-core 6,35 mm cable from them for my R70x and have nothing to complain about. Fair price, good build, connectors are solid, non-microphonic cable.

2 Likes