Beats Fit Pro

For years, I have been looking for a true wireless IEM with the following characteristics: ANC, microphone, Apple ecosystem, long battery life, clear telephone calls, comfortable, and will not fall out of my ears.

I have been through many iterations,

Wired: custom Jerry Harvey JH13, 64 Audio U18T, Thieaudio Monarch, Bose QC20, etc.

Wireless: AirPods, AirPods Pro, PowerBeats Pro, etc. etc. The PowerBeats Pro came close, but the charging case was way too large for me to carry with me.

I have finally come up with one that actually meets my needs: the new Beats Fit Pro has true wireless, ANC, apple’s H1 chip, decent battery life, clear phone calls, is comfortable and does not fall out of my ears (using Azla Xelastec eartips) and sound pretty good for what they are. The extension hook that locks into the Concha-Cymba really does the trick for me. I can literally forget that I have them in. The charging case fits nicely in a pocket.

5 Likes

Yup, I think they’re great for what they are. Interestingly enough, I thought it sounded best when ANC and transparency modes are off (a bit more balanced overall). If they had that tuning when ANC is on it would’ve done better in the sound department. But, at this point, can’t really complain for what I use them for.

2 Likes

Update: after three months, my original reaction is confirmed. These Beats Fit Pro really fit the bill for on the go listening with ANC. Now that I have added Azla SednaEarfit XElastec tips, they are just about perfect for walking around listening to podcasts and taking calls. For serious listening I use a dCS Bartok driving a Raal HS1b and Raal SR1a, but for listening on the go, these are terrific.

1 Like

One caveat that I have found, is that charging is more predictable if you remove the eartips before placing the Beats Fit Pro in the charging case.

1 Like

Removing the Xelastec tips to put the Beats Fit Pros into the charging case was an annoyance after a while.

Solved this problem by peeling the Xelastec tips from the mounting base for the Xelastec for AirPod Pro and mounting them directly to the nozzles of the Beats Fit Pro. So you get the gripiness of the Xelastec tips, and they fit into the charging case, because they are shorter. I still get a good seal.

1 Like