Cheap way to try Beats Powerbeats 3 Wireless Headphones

Woot! Has a deal.on factory refurbished Beats Powerbeats 3 Wireless Headphone. $59 bucks. These are $200 Dollar earphones. I will NEVER! Pay that much for a Bluetooth headphone anything. Non replaceable batteries just don’t hack it. I have been curious about these Powerbeats 3’s but not $200 curious. I asked around about refurbished earphones. I was told they are checked for function and sanitized. I was told to hit them up with hand sanitizer on a Q Tip just for your personal peace of mind went they get here.

Now that Etymotic has returned to replaceable cables I am going to purchase a new set. The cable uses the same plug Shure uses. There are Bluetooth cable sets made for the Shure earphones.

2 Likes

Nice! I picked up a pair for my workouts! I only ever use Bluetooth when I work out (cables are the devil when lifting or body weight exercises) . I can finally move my DMG IEMs to my wife maybe…and get my Andromeda Golds back…lol

2 Likes

This is what I use for working out and running:

They work very well for what they are and price.

2 Likes

I’ve been street running with a SE215 for more than 10 years now.

Then, I got this tip for better isolation.

Then, this Bluetooth module. No miracles but it is decent. It should work with any MMCX cable. Man, and I had paid full price on this last year, and had it returned twice to Shure (bad production lot – and had missed Amazon return window). It costed me nearly $150 (with shipping returns). And now it’s just $50 as well.

2 Likes

My Shure SE-215’s are my second favorite earphones. I plan on picking up the Bluetooth cable for them and my future Ety’s.

2 Likes

I have the Powerbeat 3’s. Pretty good sound but not $200 dollars good. The way it pairs with my iPhone is interesting thanks to the W1 chip. They are worth the $60 bucks for refurbished ones.

2 Likes