Best android Dap in the market today

I recently picked up the r6 pro for the same reasons. When using qobuz the music cuts out at times. I have a strong wifi connection at home and none of my other devices have these issues. It will even do it in qobuz offline mode. And when starting qobuz the app will stop working at times and restart.
In the Hiby music app it seems to work much better. I think it’s a qobuz issue as I’ve reached out to qobuz and they admit they’ve heard concerns with their app on hiby devices.

1 Like

Any issues using qobuz? I know hiby designed the n6ii and my r6 pro has issues with qobuz, with on and offline mode.

I don’t use Qobuz but have had similar issues at times with Roon & Tidal. I chalk it up to how android is implemented on the device. It seems to only happen periodically though so not entirely frustrating.

1 Like

I haven’t had any issues with the N6ii but I’ll check when I get home tonight. Regarding Qobuz that is

1 Like

Thanks! I’m gonna keep messing with mine. I’ll continue to check for updates with qobuz and hiby. It seems to be fine with hiby music and I even tested spotify and pretty sure it was fine as well. At first I thought it was a ram issue and if it continues I’ll probably move on to a higher end dap (maybe n6ii but it’s chunky).

Yeah, N6ii is a thicc boi lol I use it more as a work setups (stupid autocorrect is the bane of my existence) or mobile workstation companion lol Not a in my pocket walk around solutions (though I do use it this way on occasion)

3 Likes

Yeah I use my dap when I’m at work/bed/recliner, basically away from my desk setup haha. I don’t really walk around with it.

2 Likes

I second the N6ii, the PCM or “T-1” board is really exceptional imo

4 Likes

I’ve been enjoying the heck out of my iBasso DX220 when I’ve had a chance to listen to it. Still frustrated about limitations with Roon’s implementation of Android, but not the player’s issue.

I haven’t had any major issues with streaming apps. That said, I tend to listen to downloaded content rather than direct streaming over WiFi. I also listen to a lot of Radio Paradise (again, I tend to listen to cached streams).

Still haven’t made time to put in the Amp 9 tube card, may do that tonight.

4 Likes

My experience with the N6ii was pretty fun with the A01. It sounded pretty good in dynamics, with a warmer, fuller sound to it. My biggest gripes I have on it is that it gets a bit toasty which can be annoying to hold in the hotter weather. The battery life lasted me about 7-8 hours using their stock app just playing FLAC and it can be a bit hissy on sensitive IEMs. I would love a bigger screen on it, and better battery life for a full work day.

Unsure if cayin would be the one but I’m pretty new in the DAP market. I think some of my top DAPs I want to try are the DX220, Fiio M15, Kann Kube and a few others.

2 Likes

i really like the ZX507. That’s my current pick for under $1k dap. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any issues with Tidal/MQA with the 220?

I haven’t auditioned any 2k dollar DAPs, but I can say that I am quite satisfied with my LG v30 and v40.
With UAPP app, they both sound heavenly. They even hold their own with the Utopia. You can always add a Dragonfly Cobalt for a slight gain in dynamics and punch for harder to drive cans, but when the built in op amp senses 50 ohm or better load, it goes to high power mode. Top that off with a 1 TB micro memory card if you want to carry a complete library and you are set. And did I mention a free phone!
Best 300 dollars I ever spent.

1 Like

The v30 is a fine audio device. It’s my 2nd “DAP” and when it comes to “Android DAPs”, runs it better than most DAPs out there. I’m waiting for an unlocked version of the v60 to upgrade my phone.

I wish LG did a better job marketing their phones and tech reviewers didn’t just push the narrative that the phone with the most memory and gimmicky features is the best (I won’t get any further off topic with my thoughts there).

2 Likes

The Pioneer XDP-300R comes with a full-fledged and custom version of the Onkyo HF Player and it doesnt have any “purchase” function to unlock anything.

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things about the Shanling M6. I’ve got my own eye on the Kann Alpha.

The HiBy R6 2020 looks enticing at $799, at least from reading the specs. Unfortunately there’s only one review out there, from Headfonics.

Does HiBy have a “house sound”? I’m looking for something on the neutral-warm side and that review talks about treble a lot, so I’m guessing it won’t be for me. @bigshel99, do you still have your R6 pro and if so, how would you describe that?

2 Likes

Hi, thank you for your reply. I checked my Pioneer and actually it has its own player. I don’t love it but it is there. The Onkyo player is included with the XDP-300R or at least it was with mine. The Onkyo player to fully work needs the unlocking of its full functions. It then works as UAPP but I actually prefer the latter. I’m sorry for my confusion. I had the iBasso with me and the XDP-300R was at home. Enjoy.

I still have it; haven’t used it much in 2020 since I mainly only used it when I travel. I wouldn’t describe it as warm. I’d probably describe it as slightly neutral bright. Not offensive in the treble / fatiguing to me but probably won’t hit the spot you’re looking for.

I’d imagine if they’re using the ESS DACs they’ll be in a similar neutral to neutral-bright lean.

3 Likes

Thanks, that saved me $799.

1 Like