Best android Dap in the market today

Very curious about your impressions about the AMP9 tube amp. On paper it looks like a wonderful sounding piece of equipment.

I have the R6 using FLAC and balanced, no EQ, one closed- and one open-ended ZMF, Grado GH2 (SE). I’m sensitive to treble and the R6 is not a problem. Plus the R6 has a great EQ approach with tons of tweaking options.
BTW, R6 2020 incoming…

2 Likes

I was thinking about getting the Sony nw zx-507, but I read that it doesn’t have much power to drive headphones (I have the Ananda, Grado RE 2e, iBasso SR2, etc.). Is that your experience? I will be using them mostly to stream Amazon music HD, Spotify, etc. Finally, are they reasonably easy to operate? Thanks.

I’ve tried several DAPs and have decided the Hiby R6 works. It easily drives Grado GH2s, and a few ZMF cans. Plus it’s balanced. I should be getting the new R6 2020 by month’s end.

3 Likes

Something to note on this is that hiby claims it has bypassed android auto resampling for all apps. If this works with roon (and their app doesn’t do something dumb…) that makes it the only native file roon ready dap on the market

3 Likes

In terms of SQ I would say the Shanling M8.

So I can’t edit my post anymore, but I have had it confirmed that roon on hiby daps still resamples as its local output directly calls the Android mixer.

Back to the initial question, I havent had hands on any of them, but when I was hunting for a dap everyone seemed to focus on the DX300, DX220 Max, R8 and M8 as the best SQ tier of Android daps

2 Likes