Campfire Audio Cascade Closed-Back Headphones - Official Thread

They actually mellow out a lil bit over time…but are still bass cannons lol, the cool thing about them is how well the mids and highs shine through the lows.

Wow, that is one very detailed review! Thank you for the effort. And especially for the tip about cutting back bass. Between the filters and that trick, these could basically be tailored to suit almost anybody.

My interest is now piqued more than ever. Too pricey for me at retail, but a big sale or a used pair will probably pull me in.

For clarity I have Grado/Beyer. These would be for fun.:smile:

ShaneD

1 Like

Thanks! And definitely a fun headphone for sure, it is a great complement to pretty much any collection that doesn’t have a bass cannon headphone. Definitely competitive at used prices for sure.

2 Likes

Just got an email that Campfire Audio has these back in stock. Now on a reading tour of various reviews to determine if I just might have to snag a set. I do like the CA sound…

Looks like they’ve been updated. Wondering if they changed the tuning at all.

1 Like

Hmmm… I just picked up the XL pads for them and find them to make these not as bassy while keeping all that is good with them… really fun listen…my go to for my Switch and iPad

My go to when I need a very portable closed back that pairs well with my iPad Pro or iPhone with an adapter DAC dongle :wink:

2 Likes

Just wanted to revive this and give a big shout-out to CA here…

I recently purchased a Cascade about a month ago, and reached out to them to see if they would match the SXC 8 offer that’s ending soon.

They did, no questions asked, and sent a new 4.4mm cable for free.

I’m always shocked by CA’s amazing service, but at this point, I almost shouldn’t be.

Safe to say, enjoying finally being able to listen to the Cascade through our balanced inputs and hearing the difference.

5 Likes

@TylersEclectic

You still rocking these? On special at the moment

1 Like

I still have my pair… I’ll probably be selling them though… mostly to bring my collection down to just my favorites

Worth the pick-up if you haven’t tried them yet, they’re so much fun.

I’m like @TylersEclectic and am unsure if I’m keeping them due to also collection downsizing.

That said, these don’t pop up for resale and I’m sure you’d have no problem selling them for 6 to 700 USD.

1 Like

They are part of a bunch of headphones that suffered a large price gain in Australia. They debut at 1100 AUD but now sit at 1600. ALO selling them direct on sale at the moment for around 1000 AUD with free cable. Easy resell no loss.

My only concern is the headband. Looks like a stiff chassis type headphone with a thin headband.

1 Like

The headband does give me a hotspot… one of the only headphones that have… that being said they are very fun headphones.

Very interested to try a set. They seem like a great opposite to the Ananda. And fun is fun. I like fun.

2 Likes

These are some of the best kind of fun I can think of, that’s for sure!

2 Likes

How well do these headphones respond to equalizer?

I have had these for a couple of years and still enjoy them. They are ALL bass ALL the time. After three or four days I need a break and must change up. But for a bare Minimum of two days they make me smile ear to ear. And just for fun, I will play my jazz (horn jazz) on them. It gives all of my jazz a very different sound. And of course they are great with rock (new and classic) and blues.

I don’t find that bass is bleeding much into the mids, as opposed to popular opinion.

I have purchased all the optional earpads and you can really change the sound around with these.

On the downside, the headband is flat out painful and required Dekoni Nuggets to be wearable. Also, because the arms fold, you can’t get a tight clamp. Awkward, if you wanted to use them outside the home. Which you wouldn’t want to do because of the Nuggets and the fact that this headband was built for Stewie Griffith.

1 Like