Campfire Audio Dorado 2020 In-Ear Headphones - Official Thread

This is the official thread to discuss the Campfire Audio Dorado 2020 (newly released as of October 20th, 2020)

From Campfire

"Since 2016, Dorado’s original release, we have developed a remarkable series of high-fidelity hybrid IEMs that have gone from niche to popularized as some of the very best in the world.

Dorado 2020 breathes new life into the name and the legacy of the original with a fresh take on its classic hybrid design. One balanced armature and one dynamic driver. No cross-over, no complications. We’ve found these distilled pairings reproduce sound more faithfully, with improved resolution and cohesion than those with over-complicated cross-over schemes.

The result is a detailed yet natural sound. They are resolving and emotionally engaging—a true hybrid in design and sonic presentation."

Features

Features

• Black Ceramic Shell
  • Single Custom Balanced Armature (High)
  • 10mm A.D.L.C. Diaphragm Dynamic Driver (Mid+Low)
  • Oversized Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet
  • Custom Beryllium / Copper MMCX Connections
  • Brass Spout with ‘Midnight Grey’ PVD finish

Specs

Tech Specs

• 5 Hz – 22 kHz Frequency Response
  • 94 dB SPL @ 1kHz: 18.52 mVrs
  • 10 Ohm @ 1kHz Impedance

In The Box

Package Contents

• New ‘Diver Orange’ Upcycled Marine Plastic Zipper Case: Hand made in Portugal.
  • Smoky Jacket Silver Plated Litz cable with molded hooks
  • Campfire Audio Marshmallow Tips - S, M, L, XL,
  • Campfire Audio Silicone Tips - S, M, L, XL,
  • Final Audio Tips - XS, S, M, L, XL,
  • Earphone Cleaning Tool
  • Campfire Audio Pin
  • User Manual
  • Warranty Card - 2 Year Limited Product Warranty
4 Likes

An Andromeda with bass perhaps? Or the opposite of Andromeda since pricing is the same? Interesting anyway.

I’ve never heard the original Dorado so I couldn’t say how that sounded. I do tend to like Hybrids. The design shell looks like the old Vega shell but in black so I’m wondering how small the actual shell is. We have demos that should be going out this week so we will know soon enough!

1 Like

I own the Andromeda 2020 and I am generally happy with it. However I am considering getting a second Campfire IEM with a V shaped signature and more prominent low end to provide an alternative listening experience. Would the Dorado 2020 fit that profile?

2 Likes

By all accounts the Dorado does have a bit more of a V-Shaped tuning. We’re getting our demo units up to the office on Wednesday so there will be some first hand experience with them then!

2 Likes

Great. I will stay tuned.