Community Member YouTube Reviews and Impressions

Yes I think that is the only streaming box right now that’s capable of proper 24p output for some services such as Netflix. Nvidia Shield might be also

1 Like

I thought maybe Roku did as well.

We have a few Apple TV’s and are happy with them.

I had a Roku and it does have the Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate, but that stopped working properly for the Netflix app towards the end of my ownership of it. Luckily my smart TV’s built-in apps always correctly set the refresh rate for the content being viewed. A lot of TVs now also detect a 24p stream embedded within a 60p signal from streaming boxes and can switch to displaying it in proper 24p, but my TV isn’t smart enough to do that, sadly. Those LG OLEDs can do this iirc, so probably getting one of those eventually.

4 Likes

LG OLED owner here. Prepare to never go back to any other type of display once you get one. The newer models are also excellent for gaming with native 120hz refresh and low input lag.

4 Likes

I can second @Xgatt’s statement.

Not only does it provide the deepest blacks possible (Self emissive allows this) but the refresh rates/lag time are very impressive.

I still use an Apple TV though. It’s just easier for us.

1 Like

@Resolve New video.

5 Likes

Repost with links to threads.
(Thank you @MartinTransporter)

@Currawong New video.

https://youtu.be/NPSNfj_w-Qk

4 Likes
4 Likes

Another thing I picked up from Dan Clark actually, the brilliant dude he is, if you are using headphones and glasses much of the time depending on the headphones and the glasses you can actually just let the ear pieces rest on top of the pads and still use them and you don’t effect the seal at all. Obviously this is dependent case by case but I am able to do it great with my AEON2C and Ananda’s with my Rayban Glasses with zero issues. @Resolve

7 Likes

@dbstechtalk Preview of upcoming review.

https://youtu.be/1oW0KBCHgjc

4 Likes

@Resolve New video.

9 Likes

Show is live now, btw.

12 Likes

@Max_Settings New review.

4 Likes

Thanks to everyone who tuned in. It helps to see you guys in the chat!

11 Likes

Re: Multiple headphones video - Maybe I need to send this link to my wife? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That’s what I said to Andrew’s original post (I forget which thread) stating the same sentiment! :laughing:

2 Likes

@Hifi_Dream_Reviews New video (Welcome to the forum :+1:t4:)

7 Likes

@Resolve New Video Review :thinking:

9 Likes

@dbstechtalk New Video Review.

7 Likes

@Currawong New Review.

4 Likes