Hifi Racks

I could not find any topic about hifi racks. So maybe this could be the place to share youre racks. Have been looking for something nice for a long time. My system is in a lowboard, so have little space and from computer stands to letter trays I am currently stuck with a cheap spice rack🙃

13 Likes

Just out of curiosity, is the plan to discuss specific racks or just show pictures of the racks we use for our gear?

If it is the latter, then it would probably fit well in:

6 Likes

Those started out as monitor stands, but now you stack two on top of each other to make a rack? Good.

Where’d you get the stands?

4 Likes

Would like to discuss specific racks and where you can buy them possibly.
Think also pictures of the racks would be good.

2 Likes

The stands are spice racks from amazon.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08YRKTTLN?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_DW1X42JY752F5A5HKTP0

4 Likes

I think it’s a good idea!

I think sharing pictures of racks is great, especially if it has some info as to what the rack actually is etc.

4 Likes

You might wish you never wrote that! :wink:

12 Likes

I am interested in this type of thread, because… Im still looking for a new audio rack. :slight_smile:
My leading contender is the Salamander Archetype, but I haven’t made the purchase yet hoping to discover other options.

4 Likes

this is dangerous…

and i like it…

…Ok as a mod, I don’t think we should go this route on this forum. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s ok, the bosses are off at axpona, and while the cat is away… :wink:

6 Likes

I mentioned this elsewhere, take a look at AudioBastion X-Racks. They’re customizable with 2 sizes and 3 height options:

16 Likes

To all of the above:

Nice Rack.

oh wait, I just did a search on nice rack and got more … organic … examples.

8 Likes

I couldn’t find what I needed size-wise so I built my own. I showed the build in the purchase advice thread.

I’ve been using the TimberNation solid maple racks for my system in my office.

8 Likes

I made my own from a wood countertop panel from HomeDepot. Also cut a couple of floor blocks for headphone amps.

13 Likes

i see your spice rack and raise you this walmart $22 sorbus spice rack.

…yea im eq’ing and going to hell. probably.

12 Likes

Nice one👌
The spice rack adds a bit of bass anyway :loud_sound:
So see you in hell…

1 Like

These are custom made, mine has deeper shelves than standard and custom length legs to accommodate the Lampizator.
The shelf itself is from Z Audio on Audiogon and is surprisingly affordable

I did a short write up on the ordering and purchase process here

12 Likes

Look really good, I definitely keep in mind

This is the monoprice rack. Very affordable compared to usual hifi racks prices and does the trick.

12 Likes