Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

Nice!!!
I’m in the same boat as @Gordon_Freeman … exactly the setup I have in mind. But that Woo $$ !!! :grimacing: Pretty set on that being where I’m headed though … well at the moment at least. I’ve changed my focus a number of times.
Two things I’m wavering on is perhaps Spring3 KTE instead. Do I really need to go May?? It would make getting the Woo a bit easier. Knowing me I’ll always wonder and probably end up there anyway. So might as well just do it right off.
The other is 23-r instead of the Woo and add tubes later. Maybe as a pre.?? Would end up being about the same investment in the end though….
Really stuck on making my next move. It’s hard making that plunge to the next level. I think I just need to go ahead and get the Susvara with my current setup . That would probably force me down the upgrade path to get the most out of it. Perhaps the same path where my wife stops speaking to me :laughing: Pretty sure I’ve whined about my indecision to you before :grimacing: apologies
Anyway, awesome setup. What other amps have you tried with the Susvara?

7 Likes

In that area I am ahead of you. I also considered the May, but if Golden Sound is right in how close the Spring 3 KTE and May KTE are to each-other, then I would get the Spring and save the $ for the Woo. Which is what I already have done, as the Spring 3 KTE arrived 2 days ago :partying_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :sunglasses:

Well we all ned the WAF in order to move ahead, but I believe in you. You can do it!!

giphy

8 Likes

Thanks!

I feel ya on the dac options. I still have the tt2 but I’ll most likely sell it and stay with the may. Thought about totaldac d1 single-mk2, but that’s really high! We’re pushing 8k with that (too much for me). I’m pretty happy with this dac and amp synergy. I’m sure the spring 3 will be a solid option too! I think it’s all nitpicking and preference as we go higher up. I’m sure theres other solid/better options but at what cost :grimacing::grin:? I picked up the may to see what the hype was about and to compare to the tt2. It’s working so I’ll keep it. But I’ve definitely thought about more affordable options for a dac too.

The tt2 amp is solid and having the amp with it is nice. But I never use it. So it’s not really a benefit to me. I use the wa33 with the sus and senns.

I’ve only used the susvara off the wa33 and tt2. Heard good things about ferrum and 23r/Bakoon tho. Yes the wa33 is stupid money imo, but I really like what it does for the Susvara. Plus I got a good deal and before the price hike. I’ve thought about a 23r down the road for a solid state option. That’ll be way down the road. Or maybe something else? We’ll see.

The other solid route is DNA amps, and I would have gone this direction of it wasn’t for needing more power for the Susvara. The stratus was really good. But the Susvara is an amazing headphone imo and I wanted something that could power it and still use my senns off it as well.

6 Likes

Great, Congrats!!
What dac is it replacing? Would be interested to hear your opinion/comparisons of it.

Thanks for the encouragement…I’m getting close.

Start by embracing the crazy….

Then….

2 Likes

Yes, DNA is where I was leaning also but deciding that Susvara is what I ultimately wanted changed my mind on that too. Out of all my HPs I like the Arya and Hd800s the most. So I value things like staging more than other traits I guess. I find neither one bright or lacking bass…well maybe the 800s a little in the bass but it’s not tragic. Nothing the Lokius doesn’t take care of.
While things like the Clear I find too shouty and forward. Not to mention not nearly as comfortable. I’ve had the Clears almost a year and hardly touch them. Susvara is definitely where I want to start with totl HPs. That much I have figured out…atm.

2 Likes

The outgoing Dac is the Denafrips Ares II. A fantastic DAC that I have sold in 1 day, so clearly a sought after DAC as well. But a bigger soundsage, better details… oh those details!! I need to relisten to all music, as I hear new things in almost all songs now.

It is clearly an update, but it should be at that price. But it is a solid DAC and one I can have as a DAC for some years.

5 Likes

Hi All

Could anyone please let me know if IK iLoud Micros speakers are any good for zoom meetings as well as music?

I use to have Audioengine speakers and I really didn’t like them and I felt like they were not good for meetings at all, they sounded so deep etc.

Thanks

Same thoughts I’ve been having as I ponder what endgame DAC I’m going to pair with my Stellaris (arrival TBD). Spring 3 KTE would certainly save me some $ vs May, not to mention the included preamp which could come in very handy. But if I go that route am I just going to wonder what I’m missing by pairing my best-tube-amp-in-the-world with a runner up dac? :thinking: #firstworldproblems

1 Like

This is my setup.
There are many like it, but this one is mine…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

35 Likes

Not sure there are many like it

But I like it :+1: :wink:

3 Likes

Focal Clear with Topping DX3 Pro+. Source is Amazon Music HD. I also have a Project Turntable that I would like to use. Any amp recommendation? I kinda want to dip my toes into Tube so I’m thinking Vali 2+. Would that be a good pairing with the Project?

11 Likes

Just dropping in a few pictures of my ZMF Atrium Bubinga Ltd. Amazingly ordered on April 1 and got delivered to my house on Sunday April 3. Been listening to it as sole headphone (in a collection of a 100 or so) for 2 weeks. It is amazing. Note one picture with Verite Open Ironwood that is only a few months old for side by side comparison. Also included picture of headphone amps that I have been using Burson Soloist 3x GT, GS-X Mini, SPL Phonitor xe and my trust Hugo TT2 with M Scaler. It plays well with them all but I think I have a slight preference for the mini. This is a great headphone from ZMF.

Burson 3xGT-GSXMini-SPLPhonitorXE-HugoTT2-Mscaler

30 Likes

28 Likes

You only have 100 headphones? Pffftt, amateur! :rofl:

Kidding of course! Seriously though, that Atrium looks amazing

Decided to move the Atticus into the living room to use with my turntable (U-Turn Orbit Plus/Pluto → Singxer SA1 → Atticus) and it’s been a real treat to be able to listen to vinyl on headphones! I wasn’t getting as much use out of the turntable as I wanted because it has to compete with the TV for the speakers, but the Atticus is the perfect headphone to pair with it as it isolates enough that I can listen while my partner watches TV.

13 Likes

Love the Baizley art… cans aren’t too shabby either ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Here’s my setup. Probably going to let the Auteur go.

25 Likes

Please try for more depth of field in your photo. I like to zoom in on record collections to read peoples’ souls and there are only a few of yours I can make out.

Fortunately for your eternal grace, one of them is an Isley Brothers album.

7 Likes

100 headphones? Wow…

2 Likes

Does that stand actually do anything or does it just look ultra cool?