For Sale - Marantz HD-DAC1 Headphone Amp and DAC

Price: $475
Currency: USD
Ships to: US lower states FedEx ground free.
Selling my 1-year old HD-DAC1 used only 5 months since I was out of state the other 7 months and getting ready to leave again; don’t want to see it sitting around. Versatile, very nice sounding unit. I used as Roon endpoint off my laptop to drive LCD-3, Utopia, and Diana V2 - all sounded great. Includes all original packing, manual, remote (Unopened - never used) and shipping outer container.
“Musical – superb bass control, drive and articulation. 3D imaging and excellent low level resolution – retrieving subtle info with ease. Great as a DAC and headphone amp”
-----------------------------------------------Description (Specs are below) ---------------------------------
The Marantz HD-DAC1 Headphone Amplifier with DAC-Mode is designed to help you enjoy the most out of your audiophile or professional headphones. Using amplification technologies from the company’s Premium 11 series, the unit can drive audiophile high-impedance headphones up to 600 ohms with ease or act as a source for a Hi-Fi system. A three level gain control (low, mid, high), the company’s HDAM-SA2 modules, a high current CS4398 audiophile DAC, and both gold-plated fixed and variable RCA outputs combine to form a versatile headphone amplifier, or a source to drive an integrated amplifier for Hi-Fi speakers.

Optical, Coaxial, and USB-B digital inputs allow you to stream music from a PC or Mac, while a front panel USB-A input allows for connection to an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch). A back panel auxiliary analog input is also included. The USB type-B port can operate asynchronously to support not only 192 kHz 24-bit resolution but also DSD 2.8 MHz and DSD 5.6 MHz formats. Extensive isolation around the USB-B input helps reduce high frequency noise from the computer. A jitter remover and a dual clock design helps minimize timing errors.

A front panel display provides information on volume, input, resolution, etc. The unit’s solid aluminum front is supported by a double layer bottom plate and the retro side panels make the unit worthy of tabletop display. A remote control is included.

DAC operation mode: USB / Coax / Optical

• Asynchronous mode rear USB
  • Bit-perfect transmission
  • DSD 2.8 and DSD 5.6 USB-B DSD Audio Streaming
  • Ground isolator for DAC Mode operation
  • iPod / iPhone compatible USB input
  • DAC chip: CS4398
  • Jitter reducer
  • HDAM Version: HDAM+HDAM SA2
  • High grade customized components
    -------------------------------------Specifications -----------------------------------

Marantz HD-DAC1 Specs

I/O 1x 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo aux input
1x coaxial digital input
2x ADAT optical digital input
1x USB DAC Input
1x remote control input

2x RCA (left and right stereo) fixed analog output
2x RCA (left and right stereo) variable analog output
1x 1/4" (6.35 mm) headphone output
1x remote output
Controls 1x headphone volume
1x headphone gain control (low, mid, high)
Sample Rate 192 kHz/24-bit
USB Input 1x front panel type-A
1x rear panel type-B (asynchronous)
DSD Format USB-B: DSD2.8, DSD5.6
Frequency Response 2 to 20,000 Hz
SNR 106 dB
THD 0.0012%
Output Power 800 mW at 32 ohm
Standby Power Consumption 0.3 W
Dimensions (W x D x H) 9.84 x 10.63 x 3.54" (24.99 x 27.00 x 8.99 cm)
Weight 11.02 lb (5.00 kg)

Packaging Info

Package Weight 14.9 lb
Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 15.2 x 13.7 x 6.7"
1 Like

Good Morning… I would like to purchase your Marantz DAC. I am an Ebay member for 10 years but new to this community website. How does buying & selling work? I live in Portland, Maine.
Thanks, steve o (soldford on Ebay)

1 Like

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your interest. So far, my first experience buying, and I used for selling, was to go into Paypal and create an invoice that paypal sends to you. You can then pay with your paypal account or possibly a credit card. Does that work? I probably need your paypal email.

Thanks.

Paul

Paul… thanks for the quick reply to my inquiry. My Paypal account is steven.oldford1@gmail.com.
I would like to use a credit card for this transaction so please generate an invoice to send.
A question I forgot to ask in my previous email: Is the unit black or silver (color not a deal breaker)?
Cheers, steve o

The unit is black with wood grain trim. Picture attached. Will create invoice soon Thanks. Paul

I image1.jpegSent from my iPhone

2 Likes