General purchase advice: Ask your questions/for advice here!

What headphone are you looking to buy? I think I saw you were considering Raycon’s before this thread was moved?

If so, there’s a very easy answer: NO. Raycon’s are overpriced pieces of trash hyped by paid marketing and celebrity endorsers who don’t know a damn thing about quality sound.

I would rather drag my balls through broken glass than listen to Raycon’s, man.

8 Likes

“I’m accepting of all people regardless of how they find pleasure.”

So you are saying Raycon is a maybe?

5 Likes

Use apple? Buy airpod pros. Love mine.

No, I do not use apple

Samsung? They make good ones that pair well with their phones.

2 Likes

I suggest go back to the question template and this time don’t use strikeout. Answer the questions and add more about what you plan to use them with and how you plan to use them. I note you used the term “earbuds” and then show a picture of on-ear headphones.

So what are the “must have” items? Wireless? Closed back? Noise Reduction?
What’s open to change? On-ear? Over ear? Light vs heavier weight?

What will you be driving the headphones with? Android phone? Computer? Outboard DAC? (might only apply if you are looking for both wired and wireless options)

What music will you be listening to mostly? Or will you be using them for gaming? The more good info you give us, the better the ideas will be.

IF YOU DO WANT to buy Raycon Wireless earbuds (Which some have compared to dragging your balls through broken glass) I note on EBAY that certified refurb ones are only about $55. Which is about what I paid for new Hifiman TWS600s which are much better on my balls than broken glass. And I don’t really like earbuds in general. And I’m not recommending the TWS600 either, but they were acceptable. I LIKE the Ultimate Ears UE Fits, which are more, but actually quite comfortable, PLUS they have an app that gives you EQ. I did an initial impression of them HERE

Beware of recommendations from people who have not actually tried or listened to the headphones or earbuds. All they are capable of reviewing then is the marketing hype.

6 Likes

Rad-0 was pretty great off the Ampsandsound Forge last I heard it.

Ok, I’ll do that! I didn’t think it would be a bad idea to use the strikeout but ig (I guess) I was wrong!

Yeah, I use Samsung products (I actually have an A10e phone, and have had it for about a year now)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Remove the idea of getting Raycons from your brain and check out the Galaxy Buds2 or Galaxy Buds Pro. Paired with the Galaxy Wearable app, you can use the various presets and tweak the sound somewhat to your tastes; they sound good in stock form, though.

1 Like

I don’t have that app!

Download it from the Play Store. :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm let’s see, I insert the crossbar between my ears, but how do I get the vertical piece inside my skull?

1 Like

I found this worked best…

But this was much cheaper but more strenuous…

Plus

3 Likes

Now that I have it all “installed” …I can’t remember my name. And I drool a bit

2 Likes

It’s not April 1 yet! :laughing:

1 Like

Also, I wonder if this might take the place of a CPAP machine in a pinch? I don’t know of any cpaps you can rock out with at the same time…

Looking to buy an IEM for about $200 or so (willing to buy used), I’m currently using CRN’s, and I like them (EQ’d to IEF neutral + my bass pref) but I’m looking for something with better technicalities and something more resolving (the CRN can feel a bit dull and blunted at times)

For HP’s, I’m currently using Hifiman Anandas with some slight EQ, I love my planar technicalities and something akin to that in an IEM would be amazing!

I’ve seen people recommend the Moondrop KATO, the Shuoer S12, and 7Hz Timeless for these cases. I’m not sure if the Timeless will fit my ears, but what would you recommend?

1 Like