General purchase advice: Ask your questions/for advice here!

You bet! I’ve yet to hear the Kenzie or Pendant, but understand that the Pendant is more neutral than the Starlett (using stock tubes). I’ve seen the Kenzie and was surprised by its small footprint.

I just finished an in-home audition of the Starlett and thoroughly enjoyed it. I live in LA near DNA so want to audition the Stratus before making a purchase decision. See Starlett thread here: DNA Starlett - An Attempted Review

I recently bought a LTA MTZ2 and was able to compare it side by side with the Starlett over several days. Upon first listen, the Starlett impresses more - engaging and ear catching, “you are there.” However, over the course of a few days, my ears/brain came to appreciate what the MZ2 offers - purity, finesse, and the ability to peer into the music. Cabernet Sauvignon vs Pinot Noir. While I enjoy both and might prefer one over the other depending on the mood/music, the Starlett is a safer recommendation for most ears, unless they are already on board with the LTA design/sonic philosophy (best of solid state and tube). I bought the MZ2 mainly as a tube preamplifier, and it has exceeded my expectations as a headphone amplifier - NOS tubes are on the way.

2 Likes