General purchase advice: Ask your questions/for advice here!

I think it depends on the seller, the item, and the reason for the return. I’ve seen items sold as “renewed” by third-party sellers and others sold as “used - like new” by Amazon Warehouse.

edit I hope you enjoy your Sundara! The 2020 model was the first pair of headphones I purchased from Headphones.com.

Regards,
Vic

hm is that how i’m supposed to post a thread???
funny
anyways…
i’m on the market to buy a hp amp for my home studio, producing music.
i used up to now an apollo twin but it just died, now thinking of a few options:
use the balanced out of my burl B2 bomber and go balanced to a Shiit Magnius
same outs and go to a Rupert Neve Designs RNHP
basically this is my question, does somebody have tried both and could tell me their feelings about them?
i don’t need a lot of other brands or suggestions, as the low cost and high recommandations for the Shiit and my love for Neve gear, as a studio nerd.
the last option is to buy a new apollo, which will happen anyways since it’s a great studio tool for mic inputs, etc…
thanks
cheers

1 Like

You need to reach a certain level before being able to create a new thread.

But you have posted your question in the correct place!

1 Like

thanks Senyor
can’t wait to be part of the grown ups, then!
and btw i didn’t post a question, i posted a reply
: D
cheers

I thought this was a question :wink:

oh man this is becoming so confusing!
i love it
no my last answer was really saying that my original post was an answer to a thread, hence i was wondering if i was posting in the right place… as an answer, for a question…
isn’t it amazing?

Lol, yes is the answer you seek.

When you add to a thread, our nutty system calls it a “reply” regardless of what it is. Even if it’s a question.

Or something else:

When is a Question not a Question?

• When it’s a reply?
  • When it’s a gerund?
  • When a ? makes your voice go up?
  • If you work for the government?

0 voters

5 Likes

Hahaha can’t believe we all picked the same answer. Very confusing poll btw :smiley:

1 Like

Agreed. Mostly due to the use of gerund! Am I the only one to find @pennstac’s questioning the use of a gerund resulting in a question not being a question quite confusing?

there may be a gerund in that question. I’m not sure…Wtf is a gerund!!?? :wink:

2 Likes

Yes yes, thank you. The gerund is a distractor. It’s meant to catch readers of ASR, who will look it up in a dictionary. Then they will think, “but what if the entire phrase is used as a gerund”? Thusly, “When is a question not a question is the subject of this sentence, or is it?” And they will then have to look to see if a dependent clause may be a gerund, or is a gerund is only a noun, and does this violate any rule? Then they PM Amir. After which several previously friendly users start to bully them.

All before they get to the final choice. Which may or may not be the correct answer, depending on your employment.

3 Likes

And… I just ordered the K7 on fiio-shop.de (does anyone have experience with this website? It seems legit and I payed with PayPal). It just looks like a K5 pro but better, reviews are excellent, and it was just 30€ more expensive.

I should receive my Sundara today. :smiley:

BTW, I’m really liking my HD560s so far, transition was very easy from my Fidelio X2. I do think they sound significantly better with the oratory1990 EQ. I still haven’t listened that much to them but I’m quite happy so far, especially for the price.

1 Like

Welcome to the money pit. I expect you’ll pause after spending another 3,000€ or so… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hahaha I do plan to send back of the stuff I ordered. Until this, I was actually in a phase for which I was trying to save as much money as possible… It’s not going so well anymore :smiley:

1 Like

Whatever you do, try to avoid ‘sidegrading.’ There are many similar products with similar quality at similar prices – move up a tier or two or don’t bother.

“Buy nice or buy twice.” But also, give each item a good honest listen and learn before moving on. I still keep my HD 600 as a reference and compare back as I move up.

5 Likes

Honestly at this point I’m not too worried, I wanted to upgrade my current setup (which involves 150€ that I spent in 2017) and I will most likely keep only one pair of headphones and one DAC/AMP combo. I probably won’t buy anything else for a while once I’m settled and I know what I prefer. I might keep my two pairs of headphones if I find that there’s a benefit to having both, and because the HD560s was simply so cheap (130€). But if I’m not satisfied with my Sundara, I will simply send them back. And well, if I’m satisfied, I won’t feel the urge to upgrade for a while.

Bookmark this post for reference in 6 months :smile:

8 Likes

As someone who was very happy with his Sundara and source chain and didn’t feel the urge to upgrade anything for a very long while, and ended up upgrading everything but a few months later, I feel this reply.

Not that there was anything wrong with the Sundara. I loved it, and I still love it. I just happened to have some extra money in a moment of blues where I felt that a big purchase would help me get better.

2 Likes

So what did you upgrade to and what’s your take on it?

I’m glad an ordered a combo, my computer really lacks power for my brand new Sundara! I’m a bit worried about my unit though, is that normal?? https://i.imgur.com/3VEyXQG.jpeg It’s the same on both sides.
It’s mostly esthetics but still, if it’s abnormal, I might return it…