HarmonicDyne G200

Excellent and balanced YouTube review @Resolve. Straight to the point.

I got the ZMF Ori pads yesterday for the G200. They make it a bit darker than the Final pads, in a pleasant way. One important bit is that the Ori Pads are a bit angled, so they improve comfort quite a bit.

The ones I have are non perforated, perforated ones might do an even better job?

With these pads I can definitely relate to what you are saying about Audeze like sound.

1 Like

itā€™s hard to say because a lot of it has to do with foam density and deformation as well. Generally speaking though, I found that with these, the shallower the pad the more ear gain I got back.

1 Like

@Resolve
Are you going to go go back and review M1570, M1070, M1060, or M1060C? Since they share the same transducer lineage, they might be the best detail per insert money unit.
Iā€™ve maintained for a long time than the M1060C is the best headphone under $1000 and I get crap for it all the time! Iā€™ll lend you mine if you want. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Most likely I wonā€™t. But itā€™ll be interesting to see what happens with future iterations of this G200 driver. Thereā€™s something interesting there, even if it is very similar to Audezeā€™s designs.

I suppose Iā€™ll share my review too, which has been influenced by a comment on Resolveā€™s own video review: HarmonicDyne G200 Planar Magnetic Headphones + YAXI Replacement Ear Pads Review - EQ for the Win! | TechPowerUp

3 Likes

HarmonicDyne release a new pod for g200 whith different shape in China, mostly for comfort, but also change a lot in sound.

1 Like

Do you have any link with more information?

Oh very interesting. Iā€™ll have to check that out.

Just got the g200s and did a few pads swaps, and I find the ZMF universal perforated suede pads make these sing. I have them measured on my iec711 clone coupler and you can definitely see how much pad swapping helped vs stock.