This is a thread to discuss the Harmonicdyne Helios:
- 50mm German-engineered Dynamic Driver.
- Open-back design.
- Durable design with walnut wood and SUS304 Stainless steel
- Impedance: 16 Ohms.
- Price - $179.99
Measurements from the GRAS43AG-7 standardized rig:
- Good soundstage, slam, and speed - initial leading edge sounds decently tight and immediate.
- Average detail for individual instrument lines that isn’t helped by average image separation and layering (not as good as a planar in this regard)
- Has a pretty good v-shaped tuning for people who like that kind of sound with a decent tonal balance. Nothing sounds shifted or out of place.
- Slight treble spice for consonant sounds, not unlike the Philips Fidelio X2.
- Overall, solid performer for the price - for anyone wanting an upgrade over the X2.