Headphones Battlestations

@bobmysterious I’m interested in the Phonitor X, I just don’t have room for it in my designated audio nook unfortunately. I have that one earmarked for a later date haha

@mfadio I keep reading good things about it. What do you have it paired with DAC wise? I’ve read good things and bad things about the BF2 with the BHA-1, though also mulling a Gungnir.

@BuffaloWing How is the slam on the CMA? I’ve heard great things about it’s other attributes from what I could find though, and it might be cool to have an alternate DAC to play with.

@jthvac I haven’t looked into the Rebel at all, I’ll have to do some reading!

Edit: Also I realize we’ve veered off of “battlestations” but I do appreciate the dialogue! Hopefully not running too hard afoul of things with this line of questions given it’s relevant to a post in this thread.

2 Likes

Usually a Matrix mini I 3 and today I’m playing through the Chord Hugo2.

I really like it paired with very clean very resolving dacs.

I heard that the silver faceplate provides an enjoyable plankton experience, with better resolve than the black faceplate. I read in on the internet, so it must be true… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yes, I have heard the silver is also brighter.

3 Likes

It’s actually more grey. Make the music melancholic.

5 Likes

Yes. That makes sense. I put mine next to a tube amp to warm it up just a touch. It’s so dark. Very black background.

3 Likes

How’s the bass? Is it infinitely deep like the pit of our despair?

This is getting dark.

Think I’ll get the rainbow faceplate next time.

2 Likes

“It’s like, how much more black could this be and the answer is none. None more black.”

• Nigel Tufnel
4 Likes

I coat my interconnect in Vanta Black first

3 Likes

Some pics of my battlestations in my Mancave:

29 Likes

Love your setup! @SinisterCollector

7 Likes

oh wow! thank you very much!

5 Likes

That’s some lovely gear you have there!

My first thought was this is an unpretentious setup. As much as I appreciate the aesthetic of the perfectly symmetrical, professionally illuminated and balls-out TOTL flexing, and I do - I also really like to see unfussy real setups. This looks like a place you spend many enjoyable hours and that’s great to see, thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

19 Likes

Is that a HE500 with 3.5 mm inputs?

1 Like

Yup. Had a fellow head-fi’er modify them. So much easier than the smc and I can use my cables for both the Sundara and the 500.

3 Likes

Who performed the mod?

A guy here in Denmark. Very nice work.

That view is lovely … sit back and gaze over yonder!

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, Danish countryside. So thankful to be in these surroundings during lockdown.

7 Likes