HEDD Audio HEDDphone - Official Thread

Spare sets of earpads?! Can you please share the link to acquire said earpads for the heddphone?

Today I discovered this artist named Olga Kouklaki on tidal

There’s a track called “Jukebox” in her “I U Need” album
that took my consciousness to another place with the heddphones. all around an amazing album for the hedds, but that Jukebox track was special.

3 Likes

Any HEDD authorized dealer should be able to assist you here. I bought mine from headphones.com and got mine thru them.

Thanks for the reccomendation…neat music for sure!

Alex

4 Likes

Hello,
I’m new to the community here. I know that a lot of people have complained about the discomfort of the Heddphone, especially when wearing it for long periods of time. I have designed an adjustable headphone strap that attaches to the Heddphone to alleviate this problem. I describe it in this youtube video that I made.

I encourage anyone who has also had issues with the comfort of the Heddphone to consider it. It worked for me and I am able to wear it for long periods of time now without any discomfort.

7 Likes

Nice! That’d be useful. I realized that on my head there’s 2 different positions the hedd could rest on, the 1st is where the headband rests on one point ie the top most middle part of my head as in your video, and the 2nd where the headband rests on 2 points ie to the left and to the right of the 1st position.

When placing the hedd in position 1, i’ll get that burning sensation after even 30mins wearing them where then i have to slide the headband either a little forward or a little backwards to alleviate the heat. But when placing the hedd in position 2, it never happens. I just have to remind myself to find the spot where the headband rests on 2 points instead of the middle 1.

1 Like

Hi Alex. I think it was you that was going to order that headband padding that I suggested everyone to try because it makes a huge difference for me in the comfort. Even though prior to using it, I was still listening with the Hp in excess of 8 hours each day without any issue, adding the pad just made the experience better.

Just wondering if you ever got the pad and what your thoughts are on it, assuming it was you I was discussing with in the first place. lol

4 Likes

I did a live stream on the HEDDPhone today… here is the link!

the live chat should be visible sometime tomorrow after it finishes uploading to YouTube =)

8 Likes

Hey Ray!

I didnt get a pad, for me its not necessary…my fit is really nice for me, no hot spot etc or real discomfort.

Several folks have asked about this though and now there is a guy selling a $34.95 leather suspension ban “kit” on ebay to add a suspension strap similar to what Audeze is doing.

Thanks
Alex

2 Likes

Quite the dedication towards purple you got there, very nice!! Enjoyed the video. Now I’m even more inclined to get the bifrost 2 :money_with_wings: ahh… whats different between the bifrost 2 vs the rme adi2dac on the heddphone through the phonitor x?

1 Like

They are very close but, I think the Bifrost2 has better detail and stage…depth and imaging are also slightly better.

4 Likes

HEDD and Headphones.com is doing a give away for a HEDDphone (provided by HEDD) and an amp (yet to be determined which one, and will be provided by Headphones.com)

winners will be announced on the 24th during our live stream with HEDD!!!

10 Likes

I can’t wait to win! :smiley:

6 Likes

I can’t win this and I’m still going to be there with bells on. Dr. Frederik Knop is a fascinating person, and everytime I hear him talk or Klaus Heinz talk it makes me want to buy things from them.

I’m not sure how, but there is a set of tower mains in my future at some point.

5 Likes

Here the same. Wrote back and forth with Doc Freddy about the planned balanced HEDD cable and other stuff.
Really an engaging being.

want them to get out a closed back and need a pair of the active speakers :rofl:

3 Likes

I am there!!!

LOL

Alex

2 Likes

Updated HEDDPhone Giveaway now with more amp and DAC!!!

8 Likes

I’ve had mine for about a week now, and these things sound incredible but damn it if they aren’t so heavy as to be fatiguing after an hour of listening, tops. What I want is the sound of the HEDDphone in a headphone body that disappears from my head.

Question for you fine folks - lots of people talk about how the HEDDphone is super fast, and I’ve seen numerous reviewers compare them to electrostats in that regard. What are some good test tracks that I can listen to in order to demonstrate this speed? What should I be listening for and hearing in making this determination?

3 Likes

Take a look at this thread:

6 Likes

the Phonitor X is here!

finally after 2 weeks of wait. seriously pictures dont do the red on the amp justice… checking in to confirm what’s been said about the synergy between the phonitors and the heddphone, and its a resounding YES. omg the sound separations alone compared to my previous thx789 LOL

a coke and a cheeseburger for the retired 789… you’ve done good 789, you’ve done good…

6 Likes

Found this as well on fast transients:

music signals with fast transients (cymbals, plugged guitar strings, etc.).

1 Like

so choice!!! congrats on your new setup!!! I love my phonitor! next up…“TOOBS” lol :wink: enjoy your new toy!

1 Like