HEDD Audio HEDDphone - Official Thread

I did listen to exactly the same album back at home!

The HEDDphone really played it like I never before experianced it.

Had a big smile as I read your comment, Alex

5 Likes

I also don’t think a smaller HEDDPHONE could bring us the same sound.

2 Likes

I totally agree there…they way they are right now is down right magical at times…same feelings I got and still do with the Clears…lighter may make some folks happier, but at what expense…always a compromise.

The right song, right amp, right volume, right mood and its really grand for sure.

Usually after several days the newness wears off and its on to the next thing…the hunt begins…this time the HEDD’s have me wanting to put them on all the time…still exploring and revealing…

When I find a certain song creates that WOW experience I immediately put it in my demo playlist so I dont loose it over time…

Enjoy the music!!
Alex

3 Likes

Hey there! Theres so much information on pairing both Phonitor X & XE with Heddphone. I’m ready to purchase whichever of the two. However, I would like some insight from those that have either to help me make a confident decision. Cheers & thanks! P.S Yes, I’ve read that sonically, there’s not enough of a difference in quality to establish such distinctive character amongst the 2. Would this all narrow down to which of the 2 function best for what I have available to me? Thanks again!

3 Likes

Check out Rubina and Flying In A Blue dream off that anthology album. They’re two of my favorites.

3 Likes

Yes, it comes down to their difference in functions and ease. I’m still undecided between the two smh. If possible though, i want a third phonitor with the rear i/o ports of the phonitor 2 and the XE’s front panel vu meter toggle switch to be on the X without the d/a functionality

Rubina is an excellent demo example…I listen to it many times…wonderful!!

Made me smile when you referenced it…wonderful with the HEDDs!

Its included in that anthology for sure…

Alex

Nuance sent u a PM…I think this is the Salk person from a long time ago???

1 Like

It’s so cool you use Rubina as a demo track - it’s one of mine as well. :slight_smile:

Yep, I’m the same Nuance from the other audio forums, but I’ve moved on from 2-channel speakers and home theater to headphones. I imagine you were (are) also active on those other forums?

PM responded to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey!!

Welcome aboard!!

Great group of folks here…pretty honest, and non-combative forum…just shairing our experiences good or bad…

Are you interested in the HEDDs?

Alex

1 Like

Thanks Alex! Great, I’m looking for non-combative and a more chill place; I got burnt out from the other forums a few years back.

I’m interested in the HEDD, absolutely - among other headphones. I’ve been enjoying your write-ups on it.

3 Likes

That’s because they have the same crossfeed and amp circuit. So it makes sense they sound identical, or near enough to.

There are two main differences between the X and XE:

1. The physical ports – which has more utility to you: the pre-out or a second headphone out? Only you can answer that.
  2. If you purchase one with the internal DAC, the DAC768 in the XE is (theoretically) superior to the one in the X. Since they have more physical space free in the XE chassis, they use their Voltair 120V rail technology to implement the filter stage in the XE model, whereas the X uses the filter in the AKM chipset. However, this likely qualifies as “extremely subtle” at best, and probably leans more towards “inaudible difference”.

There is a third difference as well: the XE is less expensive than the X.

FWIW, I own an XE with the internal DAC. I’ve been very happy with it, using it as a Roon Endpoint fed by USB from an RPi4 running RoPieeeXL.

3 Likes

Thanks @lost33. I bought mine from their physical store here in Hong Kong. They are very nice and helpful guys there even though I haven’t bought anything from them in a while.

Were you asking about the cable in my photo? If so, I got it from AliExpress. Very cheap if I recall too. Something like 35 USD. It’s a heavy cable but I have no problem with it. I’ll see if I can find the listing again.

1 Like

This is not the one I bought but it’s an example of what you can find there:
HKD355.91 15%OFF | Audiocrast HIFI 2.5/3.5/4.4mm/XLR Balanced Earphone Headphone Upgrade Cable Silver Plated for Audeze LCD-3 LCD3 LCD-2 LCD2 LCD-4

3 Likes

Thanks…

I bought some canare cable and the connectors…took them apart and figured out how to make them…just need some paracord which will be here next week and then a few hours of mucking around and I should be good to go…

The price from aliexxpress is a good one…I want to make sure the balanced cabled is wired according to Hedds diagram…and not inverted…

Alex

3 Likes

What a superb track! thank you for the recommendation!

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ve got the that Anthology, however I find the mastering on it way too hot for my tastes.
I really recommend picking up joe’s original album classics boxset.
Way better fidelity.

1 Like

Thanks for that information!!

2 Likes

My pleasure sir. Enjoy the Hedd!
Hearing such great things about it on here. Tempted to buy as always. :wink:

1 Like

Just saw this on another forum! Made me smile!!

9 Likes

I’d be happy with that. :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes